[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.02 Update 1 Early Access

55 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

I'm afraid it might be something with a MIDI Clip that I imported into the project.

Whenever I copy and paste it migrates from the original midi track. I'll attach the midi clip so if you can, check if that's it.

Jorge_Ben_JorIve_Brussel.mid 94.56 kB · 1 download

ok - a few questions:

1. Are you opening the MIDI file, or dragging it into an existing project ?
2. Which track are you copying from?  I tried a few clips, and the ones I tried had no issues.
3. Can you copy/paste (ALT + PrtScr) these two dialogs so I can see your paste settings?

Paste Special Settings

image.png.a56a7e57fd85b7ae5e74d72ea5204be6.png

Editing Settings

image.png.b44cdf14e3ec88473407d7d9d9553a43.png

4 hours ago, marled said:

Regrettably there is still the issue that the volume of MONO clips increase with +3dB 

😆

I can actually confirm this. Mono recorded tracks increase in volume when you change the interleave to mono for visual purpose to identify mono and stereo tracks from one another. Some how, it still collapse the two channels to one (increasing the volume) even though the information in the tracks is mono recorded with the its input. Maybe thats what happens with Source Category Clips too? 

I've requested this before, to have the interleave be locked in on mono input inserts when choosing an Audio Track insert. Its available with instrument inserts, but it too doesn't lock the interleave to the chosen signal input.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Source category clips in bounce is simply a shortcut to select the clip and export. Since it's going through a stereo bus there will be a gain increase due to the pan law. It's not the same thing as bounce to clip.

Thanks, I understand your technical explanation. 😊 But I think as a user you expect that an export of a mono clip results exactly as it is!

It is also interesting that if you select the clip (section) and its track, and export with source category Tracks, then the clip gain is not increased. But like this it's impossible to use the clip name pattern in the export file name (you can, but it is empty).

Thank you for fixing the midi split issue. I thought I completely forgot how to do it.

New issue: Melodyne completely freezes no matter the size of the audio file. It initializes the audio quickly and completely freezes on Initializing Regions. At this point I have to X out Cakewalk. I tried this at least 10 times with the same bad result. Am I missing something? 

Thank you for fixing the midi split issue. I thought I completely forgot how to do it.

New issue: Melodyne completely freezes no matter the size of the audio file. It initializes the audio quickly and completely freezes on Initializing Regions. At this point I have to X out Cakewalk. I tried this at least 10 times with the same bad result. Am I missing something? 

I am running Win 11 Pro.

19 minutes ago, Michael Richards said:

I am running Win 11 Pro.

What version/edition of Melodyne?

On 3/5/2022 at 10:50 AM, scook said:

Also, alternate note names are not persistent

Close and re-open the PRV and the note names settings is lost.

Close and re-open a project and PRV alternate note names are lost.

Ditto here. I use Alternate Note Names for a lot of NI VSTi's and this abnormality is irritating.

On 3/5/2022 at 6:42 PM, Jeremy Oakes said:

Weird one here :

* open a drum midi track in the PRV

* change the names of the piano keyboard to drum names

*the small dialogue window pops up for kit selection.  Select any one from the list

* the piano notes change to drum names, as expected.

*  click on a drum note to edit it and ......... poof ....... the drum note names change back to the piano roll keyboard.

Happens to any selected kit.

I've just updated to 2022.02 Build 037 via the toast that popped up when opening CbB. This did not happen in previous versions. before.

Cheers,

Jerry

PS : I tried to upload a gif video but the website reported "upload failed".

I can't seem to reproduce this - can you post a video of it happening?  Also confirm whether you're using workspaces.

•  change the names of the piano keyboard to drum names
  • the small dialogue window pops up for kit selection.  Select any one from the list
  •  the piano notes change to drum names, as expected.
  •   click on a drum note to edit it and ......... poof ....... the drum note names change back to the piano roll keyboard.

5QOnfrd.gif

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, msmcleod said:

I can't seem to reproduce this - can you post a video of it happening?  Also confirm whether you're using workspaces.

See Mr Cook's post above with a  confirming gif.

Not using workspaces.

Jerry

Edited by Jeremy Oakes

51 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

Attempting to convert Audio to MIDI is always running into an error that calls Melodyne.vst3 despite not having Melodyne installed on the system.

image.png.d28da2f99b4170f7b8ea75a7e17ce53d.png

The Cakewalk audio to midi conversion feature actually uses Melodyne's pitch detecting feature to do it, after the Melodyne trial in Cakewalk ends u cant use it directly as a region fx anymore but it still works underneath the surface with Cakewalk to allow audio to midi conversion. So, u need to have Melodyne installed on ur system for that feature to work.
Also, something else i noticed is that from Melodyne v5 onwards it doesnt allow audio to midi conversion in Cakewalk after the trial period ends, u need to buy any version of Melodyne to make that feature work in Cakewalk again, till v4 i dont think it used to be like that. So, if u uninstalled v4 from ur system after v5 got released u cant get that Cakewalk feature back without buying a copy of Melodyne, coz even the Cakewalk installer now installs v5 trial of Melodyne. Luckily i managed to grab hold of a Melodyne 4 trial installer from the internet and installed that instead of the v5 trial and now my Cakewalk's audio to midi conversion feature is back and working ☺️. Someone correct me here if i am wrong, it will be much appreciated 😄

Edited by In A Week
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, In A Week said:

The Cakewalk audio to midi conversion feature actually uses Melodyne's pitch detecting feature to do it, after the Melodyne trial in Cakewalk ends u cant use it directly as a region fx anymore but it still works underneath the surface with Cakewalk to allow audio to midi conversion. So, u need to have Melodyne installed on ur system for that feature to work.
Also, something else i noticed is that from Melodyne v5 onwards it doesnt allow audio to midi conversion in Cakewalk after the trial period ends, u need to buy any version of Melodyne to make that feature work in Cakewalk again, till v4 i dont think it used to be like that. So, if u uninstalled v4 from ur system after v5 got released u cant get that Cakewalk feature back without buying a copy of Melodyne, coz even the Cakewalk installer now installs v5 trial of Melodyne. Luckily i managed to grab hold of a Melodyne 4 trial installer from the internet and installed that instead of the v5 trial and now my Cakewalk's audio to midi conversion feature is back and working ☺️. Someone correct me here if i am wrong, it will be much appreciated 😄

This is correct. When we first implemented the feature in Cakewalk, the V4 trial would still allow the conversion to work under the hood without a full license. Version 5 does not allow this. 

• Thanks 1

Would be cool if the Loop Construction can covert the audio. It has the feature to alter and stretch the pitch or  notes. So why not use it to covert the audio to midi inside the piano roll - if it will be possible. 

1 hour ago, Milton Sica said:

To whom to be interested. I followed my friends' instructions to install Melodyne version 4 and the Audio to MIDI conversion worked. The DLL that performs this operation follows.

When installing the DLL, Melodyne does this in this way:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2\Celemony\Melodyne

This was the operation I performed to make it work.
1 - I installed Melodyne 4 following the default parameters suggested by the installer itself.
2 - After the installation I entered the DAW and redone the SCAN VST operation. (Detail I checked: DLL Melodyne.DLL does not appear in the list of installed Plugins.)

Melodyne.zip 474.05 kB · 0 downloads

i would remove that zip file if i were you 🙄

• Confused 1