audioplugin.deals FREEBIE: IK Multimedia Syntronik Instruments V-80

stony

If anyone tried these in either Syntronik 2 CS or SE, I would be very interested to know if these are "Generation 2" presets (fully editable in Syntronik 2, including by use of the Edit Panel that opens with the EDIT button at the bottom of the UI).  I already have multiple licenses of the Generation 1 presets which cannot be edited with the Syntronik 2 Edit Panel. Thanks.

This is why I don't trust credit card info with small websites that can't even manage their website to handle predictable spikes, and, for example., use a content delivery network any small e-commerce site can easily afford. How much more so are they going to protect your private data. Check how many times they've been hacked and exposed personal data in the past few years (from Google reports). It's not pretty.  I do buy from them every so often, but only using PayPal. 

EDIT: Their server just went down and there was a statement from Cloudflare, so they do use a content delivery network, but clearly are not paying for an appropriate plan, because this happens every time they have a decent freebie -- without fail, their website fails and also, I have seen their name in websites that have had their customer databases recently compromised -- that's at least happened two or three times in the past several years.  

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

If anyone tried these in either Syntronik 2 CS or SE, I would be very interested to know if these are "Generation 2" presets (fully editable in Syntronik 2, including by use of the Edit Panel that opens with the EDIT button at the bottom of the UI).  I already have multiple licenses of the Generation 1 presets which cannot be edited with the Syntronik 2 Edit Panel. Thanks.

I just installed it, and I only own Syn 1 Deluxe, plus Syn 2 CS.

The Syn 2 V-80 installs side-by-side with the Syn 1 V-80, so you can now use the fully editable v2 presets for this instrument in the Syn 2 edit panel, however the v1 presets won't open in the editor. You can set the browser filter for the presets for either version, but the V-80 preset names don't appear to be duplicated between v1 and v2. At least for the ones that I spot checked. So it seems you need to keep both versions installed to have all the presets available.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

Thanks for the explanation. That is consistent with what I found over the past couple of weeks. 

How many Generation 2 presets are there with just with the V-80 Instrument selected?  That should tell me if there are more than what I have in Syntronik 2 SE.

Edited by User 905133
typo fixed

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

How many Generation 2 presets are there with just with the V-80 Instrument selected? 

Looks like about 38 v2 presets here for the V-80. For the v1 presets it look like about 104 presets.

Edited by abacab

Just now, abacab said:

Looks like about 38 v2 presets here for the V-80. Look like about 100 for the v1 presets (estimate - hard to count while scrolling).

TY!!!!  SE only has 12 Generation 2 [i.e., fully editable] presets.  I will get it if I can get past the 500-level errors.  I counted 104 Generation 1 presets.  And yes, counting them is silly, but IKM doesn't have a list, just the version comparison numbers.

13 minutes ago, abacab said:

Looks like about 38 v2 presets here for the V-80. Look like about 104 for the v1 presets (estimate - hard to count while scrolling).

But this puzzles me. From the IKM product page for V-80:

Syn 2 V-80 question.PNG.jpg

Its a long story.**  I might have miscounted 104 and its really 102.  I like the new Edit Panel and the fact that we have 4 "oscillators" per Generation 2 preset. 

**For a small part of the story, see this. BTW, I did get past the 500-level errors and all the APD please wait type circles.

Edited by User 905133
To add additional info.

40 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Its a long story.**  I might have miscounted 104 and its really 102.  I like the new Edit Panel and the fact that we have 4 "oscillators" per Generation 2 preset. 

**For a small part of the story, see this. BTW, I did get past the 500-level errors and all the APD please wait type circles.

Well I guess that with the "full" version of V-80 v2,  I was hoping for 100 new presets...

But for free, I cannot complain! :)