Take the Knife

Bajan Blue

On 3/4/2022 at 7:21 PM, antler said:

Great song! The mix and video are top quality too - hopefully the scenes in the video weren't method-acted 😁

I like the new website too; it's very impressive - did you write/design it from scratch?

Hi - thanks for those great comments - yep did it from scratch - Glad you liked it

Thanks

Nigel

On 3/5/2022 at 12:15 AM, David Sprouse said:

Omg so edgy.  Being a romantic, I can relate to these lyrics.    Your work is conistently great.  You should play these live!

Hi David

Thanks so much for those great comments  - we would love to play these live, but there have been  a few obstacles of late with travel!!!!!

Next year maybe

Keep well

Nigel

On 3/5/2022 at 4:34 PM, garybrun said:

Very nice.
Sorry I couldn't watch the the full video as I suffer from chronic PTSD... so I just listened.
Your work has always impressed me.

Hi Gary

Sorry about the video but really glad you liked the track

Thanks again

Nigel

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Gary

Sorry about the video but really glad you liked the track

Thanks again

Nigel

Thats fine Nigel don't worry about that!!
Seriously.. great track.
I always listen to all the music on here without watching the videos..  I find the videos can take away your view on the musical side of things.
Then when I watch the video... you also get another picture,,  which changes the whole composition again in another way.
Im just no good with blood!!   🙂

On 3/5/2022 at 6:07 PM, Old Joad said:

Shades of Annie Lennox, the whole thing is great, but I love the vocal most of all.🎤

Hi

Thanks so much for those great comments - so pleased you liked the vocals - a lot of work went into them!!

Cheers

Nigel

nice tight arrangement...

great performances, dig the vox.

i like how the vibe is maintained thru the entire piece

the lowest low end seems to be too light for this mix,

if the mix is too hot, does utoob turn it down/compress it?

it's hard to tell with streaming services, to make any real suggestions about mix or mastering...

On 3/6/2022 at 2:36 PM, AndyB01 said:

Another top-notch production Nigel, dark stuff but great work all round.

Website looks great btw.

Andy

Hi Andy Cheers, really appreciate that - and thanks for the comments on the website - took a long time but probably worth it!!

Nigel

On 3/7/2022 at 8:00 AM, Wookiee said:

As ever Nigel another stunning piece from Devine Lie presented by @Bajan Blue excellent mix nice space and air, all instruments clear and present with the vocal sitting right in the correct space. 

Hi Wookie

Thanks so much for those great comments - really appreciate you taking the time

Thanks again

Nigel

On 3/8/2022 at 6:36 PM, DeeringAmps said:

Simply put; Outstanding!

t

note to the forum: only takes a minute to drop a "like" and comment at YouTube...

Hi tom

Thanks my friend - I really appreciate you taking the time to listen comment and support

Cheers

Nigel

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 10:24 AM, freddy j said:

As always this is an excellent piece of work Nigel!  A brilliant combination of messaging, visual artistry and aural mastery.  Your website is most impressive also!  It is informative (e.g., the pieces on promotion and tips for independent artists) and is laid out perfectly to encourage the viewer to explore your products.  Quite a lot of talent is expressed at a number of levels.  

Well done indeed!! 

Hi Freddy

I'm really pleased you liked the website - lot of work went into that!

Thanks for the very kind comments re the music and video - really appreciated

Cheers

Nigel

It's songs like this that make me embarrassed to share my music here.  I have nothing but respect for you, your band and music.  This is top notch all the way. Fantastic job. The songwriting, the playing. the singing. Kudos. I hope that this is your most successful release yet. 

On 3/10/2022 at 10:51 PM, jwnicholson78 said:

Everything was outstanding, but that little break at 1;53 really stood out for me.  THe whole song has a great groove that had me bopping my head along with it.

Hi - thanks so much, really appreciate you taking the time and making such positive comments

cheers

Nigel

On 3/15/2022 at 4:17 PM, batsbrew said:

nice tight arrangement...

great performances, dig the vox.

i like how the vibe is maintained thru the entire piece

the lowest low end seems to be too light for this mix,

if the mix is too hot, does utoob turn it down/compress it?

it's hard to tell with streaming services, to make any real suggestions about mix or mastering...

Hi Bat

Thanks for that, appreciated.

Streaming Services - they are an issue - i am just finishing a new album - this time I am going to try and do different masters for different services and see if that helps - I am going to get something like ADPTR Audio’s Streamliner and see how it goes!

Keep well

Nigel

On 3/16/2022 at 3:29 PM, mark skinner said:

Absolutely a Beautiful mix.  The vocals really took me back to some killer new wave stuff I used to listen to. Loved it ..  mark

Hi Mark

Thanks so much for those great comments - i also loved the New Wave Music - I think it still sounds great today!!

Cheers

Nigel

• Like 1