HD GUI

Richard Penrose

Hi. I’m using the built in graphics card on an Asia Z390a motherboard. My monitors are quite old and not 4k but Cakewalk looks slightly blurred compared to Cubase 11 and Studio One on the same screen!? I guess it feels quite dated?

Edited by Richard Penrose

7 hours ago, reginaldStjohn said:

4K 47 inch monitor here. Have not noticed it being any less crisp then Studio One or others that I use. Some have complained that some menu's text look more blurry but I have not noticed that.

I think it's more about the Windows scaling than Cakewalk's here. I used to have my Window's interface scaling as the default 150% on my 1920×1080 resolution laptop screen and Cakewalk looked a bit blurry then tbh. After I reduced the interface scaling to 100% in Windows settings and started using Cakewalk (which by the way looked much more spacious now as compared to before) it's UI started looking a lot more crisp. Maybe @Richard Penrose is facing the same issue here, he might need to reduce the interface scaling in Windows settings.

Edited by In A Week

On 3/5/2022 at 1:52 AM, reginaldStjohn said:

Some have complained that some menu's text look more blurry but I have not noticed that.

This could be related to Windows cumulative updates not installed on the system. 

On 3/3/2022 at 11:54 PM, Richard Penrose said:

Hi. I’m using the built in graphics card on an Asia Z390a motherboard. 

I normally run 4 monitors from a pair of nVidia dedicated PCIe cards, but had to use the on board z390a chipset video for some troubleshooting and found that it would max out on my HD monitors at only 720 lines, hence was a bit fuzzy. 

Nothing like having dedicated GPU 's...

• 4 months later...