Moving Multiple Markers

Moving Air Productions

Question

Is there any way to move multiple markers at the same time? I'm working on a film score, and I had everything marked out, then they sent me a re-cut version, and I have to shift everything. I'm doing it manually, but some of the changes were substantial, and my markers are nowhere near where they should be. Is there a way to grab multiple markers and drag them to a new part of the timeline?

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Moving Air Productions said:

Is there any way to move multiple markers at the same time? I'm working on a film score, and I had everything marked out, then they sent me a re-cut version, and I have to shift everything. I'm doing it manually, but some of the changes were substantial, and my markers are nowhere near where they should be. Is there a way to grab multiple markers and drag them to a new part of the timeline?

Not by dragging, but Cut Special and Paste Special should do the trick. In both dialogue boxes, select markers only.

"Not by dragging, but Cut Special and Paste Special should do the trick. In both dialogue boxes, select markers only."

This worked perfectly for my needs.   I've done various ripple edits over the years that worked perfectly moving the tracks but for whatever reason my bookmarks weren't in place.  This fixes that if issue quickly.