BR: Waves CR8 disappears from VSTi list after launching Cakewalk a second time

Peter Hintze

Hi all,

The new Waves CR8 Sampler VST3i disappears after launching Cakewalk a second time.

Steps to reproduce are:

1. Update to latest Cakewalk
  2. Activate and Install Waves CR8 Sampler (VST3i)
  3. Launch Cakewalk and let it search and find new VSTs
  4. Start project and load CR8 Sampler (it is located in the Waves Folder in instrument section) and it works as expected
  5. Close Cakewalk
  6.  Launch Cakewalk a second time
  7. CR8 Sampler has disappeared or CR( has been moved outside the Waves Folder and is still visible but upon loading Cakewalk says "it is not installed"

Anyone else has this error? 

Thank you, Peter

Hi, thx for the response:

i am on Win10 and i only use Windows Defender. 

After your post i added some of the folder i thought relevnt to the exclusions list of Windows Defender (Waves and VST3 folder) - Do you think this could be the solution? I will try this and i will reinstall Waves CR8 when i am back home in the evening.

image.thumb.png.4f6e5d4ac8d95b1026c99a2ff585eaa1.png

14 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Agree. The Antivirus might be blocking it. Avast and Windows Defender are two most annoying AV software causes, but highly recommended for me. 

I don't use any antivirus software and having the same issue, see the other thread reg. the same topic. 

I don't own it. I might buy it next week, but i'll try the demo and see wat the hype is about before making the decision on a purchase. I've seen some tutorials, but it didn't "wow" me. Although, i have to say: trying it personally and watching videos about it are two different worlds. 

My experience with many DLL's is the annoying built-in Microsoft Windows Defender blocking them - especially when it enables itself on updates