Sing a Simple Song

Jimbo 88

I like the room sound, I don't know how much was live recorded but it sounds like all elements are nicely presented in the same space, and your vocal "yeah's" and scats and such are a nice touch! Bass is tre cool and the piano ain't half bad either!

cheers,

-Tom

Hey Guys --thanks for all the cool comments!

On 3/4/2022 at 1:39 PM, mark skinner said:

Great writing and Very well performed. I Really liked the Bass. It sounded Authentic if it was a virtual instrument , it was a Nice one ..  mark

The bass is Trillian.  I find that good Chord voicing and leading makes Bass lines easy to sound real.

On 3/6/2022 at 2:15 PM, PhonoBrainer said:

I like the room sound, I don't know how much was live recorded but it sounds like all elements are nicely presented in the same space, and your vocal "yeah's" and scats and such are a nice touch! Bass is tre cool and the piano ain't half bad either!

cheers,

-Tom

The piano is Upright Piano...a free vst from audiolatry.com.  It sounds very much like the piano in my living room:)

https://www.audiolatry.com/upright-piano/

The Melodica and Vocals are recorded in my basement studio and I'm using Breverb2, which was free many years ago to Sonar.

THANKS 

Edited by Jimbo 88
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 2:15 PM, PhonoBrainer said:

I your vocal "yeah's" and scats and such are a nice touch!

I forgot to mention...I added those as a tribute my father who used to love the piano player Errol Garner.  Garner can always be heard grunting and groaning thru out his recordings.

• 4 weeks later...