Track Manager sync?

sadicus

Is'nt this suppose to be a  real time toggle to hide unhide tracks / buses when track manager is open and "Keep track/console vis states in sync" is on?
The only time I get tracks to hide/unhide  is alter selecting "ok" then the Track manager closes, which is not the desired result.

sadicus,

I’ve found myself wanting in this feature as well.  I tend to clutter with extraneous console tracks, if I’m not careful.  So try this instead.

_Organize the tracks you wish to toggle-hide into their own folder.  

_Stretch the vertical display of that folder until you see a listing of the content tacks (audio/midi/synth).

_In order to hide all midi tracks in that folder,  just click on the number below.  

_This hides the track in both the track and console views, while reminding you that hidden tracks are afoot.  

_If you need to bring it back, just click the number again.

It's not uncommon for me to keep a boneyard folder for those muted tracks that I'm not ready to delete just yet.  At some point in your workflow, if you know a track is bad, get around deleting it.  This is more New Year's resolution than suggestion.

It's also not a bad idea to keep your synth/audio and any corresponding midi tracks in a folder, in order to hide the midi files once you've frozen to audio.  Don't delete these.

• Like 2

Hey, I'm glad you found this feature helpful.  It took me some time to recall that I got it from http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3522789.  So Craig and his loyal following deserve most of the credit.

After playing around a bit, I realize that my memory of available syncing management features is a little out of date.  In some older version of SPlat, the track manager and console manager did not follow each other in terms hidden tracks.  This issue has clearly been resolved since.

Just when I was ready to leave this issue, I find myself playing around with Chuck E Baby's "H" key suggestion, and further using the Control "H" key to hide tracks (in place) for both views.  Apparently, if you select the tracks you wish to hide in either console or track view, and hit Control "H", that's another way to hide both track and console view for selected tracks.  The only reason you'd need the manager would be to unhide tracks that are not in a folder.  It's funny what you find when revisiting old concerns.  Thanks to both of you.

• Like 1