Cubase 12 is here...

locrian

57 minutes ago, Sent4th said:

Support finally completed my support ticket. Cubase 12 Pro now shows in my product downloads along with Cubase 11 Pro.

Cubase Pro12 was not listed in my product downloads 10 days ago, but when I installed Cubase  Pro12 and  it worked fine.
Now, when I opened the Steinberg Download Assistant, I saw that it appeared in my product downloads.
I didn't send a support request,  but they seem to have fixed the problem.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2022 at 9:25 PM, Kal S said:

This ^^
I figured this out by accident. Spent a whole day before that trying to figure out how to get it working.

I was getting an error with e-licenser on the first day when I tried to perform maintenance tasks to see if the free upgrade would show up. It finally worked yesterday. The license then changed to Grace Period Eligible as mentioned by Yan above.

But I was still trying to figure out how to go from there and randomly checking all steinberg installers/ download managers. Then I read somewhere on the Steinberg site that Version 12 and further will not be authorised through the E-licenser but the Activation Manager.

Went smoothly after that. Did the Grace Period check through the Activation Manager, got code in email and it upgraded immediately.

Edit: After the free upgrade the status in the E-Licenser changed from Grace Period Eligible to  Not Upgradable.  The Cubase version still shows as the original one there. Does not show version12. Though on launching version 12 works fine now.

I forgot to add that initially I wasn't seeing the "Grace period eligible" anywhere in my e-licenser.

When I tried to perform maintenance tasks I got an error and even the existing license got removed. As a result I was unable to use even my existing installations of Cubase (the earlier version) which otherwise had been working fine.

I tried the e-licenser again for a few days but kept getting the same error. My existing licenses were no longer showing in my account. So I couldn't even launch Cubase any more.

However, the e-licenser worked on its own after a few days and I went through the steps outlined in my original post above.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, MusicMan said:

Gee.. they certainly took their time!! 🤣

Glad you get there in the end. Hope you enjoy 12  Lars👍

Well, that wasn't the one I was waiting for, or supposed to get...in fact, the LE upgrade is 4 weeks early.
They said 8 weeks after launch for the LE upgrade to be available...

1 minute ago, cclarry said:

Well, that wasn't the one I was waiting for, or supposed to get...in fact, the LE upgrade is 4 weeks early.
They said 8 weeks after launch for the LE upgrade to be available...

I didn't realise that. I had thought they released them all at the same time.. I quite surprised they're early in that case! 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Last Call said:

So, how do you like it guys?

Now without the dongle, performance wise?

Performance-wise, C12 is a big step backwards for many from C11.  You can read about it in this rather loooong thread.

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/cubase-12-upgrade-asio-guard-issue/769834

I'm truly astonished at just how many serious problems escape their beta testing.  Sheesh!

• Sad 1

I think their main object with this release was to "get away from the dongle"!
They even skipped the 11.5 release and went straight to 12 to do it, which is
not typical of Steinberg, and I'm sure they'll get things ironed out shortly.  That
being said, I'm still eminently perturbed at SB....

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, locrian said:

Performance-wise, C12 is a big step backwards for many from C11.  You can read about it in this rather loooong thread.

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/cubase-12-upgrade-asio-guard-issue/769834

I'm truly astonished at just how many serious problems escape their beta testing.  Sheesh!

I've actually had no performance related issues on Cubase 12.    It has been nearly identical to 11.

1 hour ago, husker said:

Quite a few.  I have Komplete

And when playing these instruments (in realtime) you don't get more audio drop-outs/perf meter spikes compared to C11?

If you answer no, are you using MIDI Remote?

Sorry for all the questions...

6 minutes ago, locrian said:

And when playing these instruments (in realtime) you don't get more audio drop-outs/perf meter spikes compared to C11?

If you answer no, are you using MIDI Remote?

Sorry for all the questions...

No, and no on Midi Remote.

• Thanks 1

Glad to hear you’re getting some results, Larry 👍

I haven’t used it enough yet as I just got Cubase and I’m still finishing up stuff in Logic. But seems like there’s no difference here in performance. I’m on an Intel Mac, however. I assisted on some mixing in a friends studio the other day, who is a long time user, and he is also very happy with 12 on a PC. Uses MIDI remote and all kinds of stuff in it