Cubase 12 is here...

locrian

1 hour ago, Larry Shelby said:

11 days...nothing.

I know you shouldn't have to but I really recommend you post your issue over at the Steinberg forum - it's possible, maybe likely, that you'll never hear back from SB support 

• Great Idea 1

13 minutes ago, simon said:

I know you shouldn't have to but I really recommend you post your issue over at the Steinberg forum - it's possible, maybe likely, that you'll never hear back from SB support 

Then they'll never get another penny from me...it's a simple thing 

14 hours ago, husker said:

Well, I got my survey for my Steinberg ticket.  I really let them have it.  I let them have it for me, for Larry, and the for everyone else they've screwed in the past two weeks.

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

Day 12...nothing

Looks like your words (so far) have no sway @husker

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LasWaltz said:

Certainly Steinberg are running high risks here. They are not unbeatable anymore

Among hobbyist who do electronic genres, who prefer better licensing, they were never in the game.  Steinberg finally gave into having more than one machine. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

@cclarry I would not give up. Cubase 12 is worth the trouble.

If you copy the people @simon  mentioned in your post on the Steinberg forum, I really think they will help you out.

There is nothing that they can do that will fix my problem, as I've already stated.
My issue is not that the license won't convert, or anything of that nature.  My issue
is that my license doesn't even show "Grace Period Eligible", despite having been purchased
2 weeks AFTER the start of the Grace Period on 11/10.  I purchased on 11/24.
They have to fix my License in my account, otherwise it will never work, so all the advice in
the world won't solve my problem!

But I appreciate the concern, and the help!

Edited by cclarry

Ugh.

I'm sure you have rolled this one over long ago as an option. If you bought 3rd party maybe they have record of the purchase? If you can find the purchase date in your accounts area make a screen clip and show them. It seems with Steinberg the left hand often doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Your account should show the purchase date.

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

They have to fix my License in my account, otherwise it will never work, so all the advice in
the world won't solve my problem!

last try :)

the people that were mentioned in the Steinberg forum can fix that for you  - They are senior Steinberg employees,  they have elicencer account level access, they can see when licences were activated, what went wrong and fix it for you.

• Like 1

Well.. it did take a little while, but Cubase Pro 12 up and running 🙂

Mine wasn't exactly standard though, as I was upgrading from Elements to Cubase Pro with an upgrade I bought back in one of their previous sales so it would qualify for the grace period, but not owning a dongle / eLicenser.. they sorted it all out and first impressions are it looks pretty good!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MusicMan said:

Well.. it did take a little while, but Cubase Pro 12 up and running 🙂

Mine wasn't exactly standard though, as I was upgrading from Elements to Cubase Pro with an upgrade I bought back in one of their previous sales so it would qualify for the grace period, but not owning a dongle / eLicenser.. they sorted it all out and first impressions are it looks pretty good!

👍 Check out the new midi remote if you haven't already. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Esteban Villanova said:

Apparently 12 is higher in CPU with several plugs, can anyone confirm?

For me (Win10 Pro 20H2 / RME UCX) plugin performance on C12 Pro is about the same as C11 Pro except for most NI (esp Kontakt) instruments which is much worse on C12!  It's so bad in fact that for some VIs (eg Pharlight & Straylight) I can't even play a single note on a a single instance of the plugin without getting audio drop-outs and crazy perf meter spiking.

• Confused 1