Cubase 12 is here...

locrian

6 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Nope...not there...

is the dongle registered to your mysteinberg account ? there's an option in the elicencer software to register it 

can you seen anything in your mysteinberg account ?

Just now, cclarry said:

Of course Simon...I've been using Cubase for YEARS!

:) - just double checking

one of my C11 updates was registered on 11/10/21 and in logging into mysteinberg this morning  that licence showed the registration date AND had the words 'grace period eligbile' (or similar) written after it.

this changed to NFR (actually 'not for updates' or something) after I installed the new activation code onto the dongle  - this also 'enabled' a cloud based licence in mysteinberg.

sorry if I wasn't clear

SB support will sort you out  - I'm guessing they will be slow as per usual.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

👍 Great news!

I updated my download assistant last night but wasn't aware 12 was out. I'll see if I can get 12 tonight. I should be in the window to get it thanks to clarry's mention here.

This is one of the few DAWS I feel confident saying you don't need much outside of it to do whatever you want to do without investing in 3rd party plugs. Not that any of us would really want to do that.

..................but you know what's probably going to happen after we get locked into 12. *subscription* at least as an option.

I finally managed to receive a download access code after ~15 tries.  Now I'm struggling to get the licence replaced/updated in the eLicence Control Center. 

The Steinberg servers are a bit slow at the moment. But I'm full of hope :)

33 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

looks interesting. lots of interesting features. but the big question is does it load and work faster on existing systems or do you need more powerful system to run it.

I guess it depends on project size. It works fine on my medium powered computer 5820K i7 running SSDs. Film composers use Cubase running hundreds of tracks on it.

On slow servers- They are likely overloaded as everyone is trying at the same time. If you are unsuccessful, maybe waiting a day or so things will settle down. Your credentials aren't going anywhere.

@cclarry Got this on another forum, maybe you can try it:

So you have to run eLicenser Maintenance to change the Cubase 11 licence to "Grace Period Eligible", then Steinberg Activation Manager to run the Grace Period check, it then e-mails you a Download Access Code to paste into Steinberg Download assistant which pulls up eLicenser CC to perform the upgrade.

• Like 1

Chatted with customer service, he had me re-download the Activation Assistant and reinstall,
and that did nothing...same result, and he said...sorry but we're having server issues right now.
I said...I know it's not your fault, but this is a very bad look for Steinberg, and he agreed.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bapu said:

@cclarry Do the resellers typically offer the upgrade for less than the 11->12 $99.99 path? 

It's up on the site for me @ $99.99.

Not that I know of Bapu...the only upgrades usually are from AI, LE, Elements, and Artist.
The only retailer that carries it is Sweetwater...for the same price

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Cubase11PUp1--steinberg-cubase-pro-11-update-from-cubase-pro-10.5-download

• Thanks 1

Well, I finally got i's dotted, the t's crossed, and jumped through the hoops.    12 Pro is installed and activated.  The odd thing is that the Activation assistant kept erroring out on transferring the license, but I just reboot, and it showed up in the Activation Manager as something that could be activated.  It then installed and activated fine, but I still show a Cubase 11 license on my ELicenser.

My next question is what about my Elements 11 license.  That was purchased within the same grace period, and I see now way of upgrading that one.   I'm not sure I really care, as I can now install Pro on 3 machines (which obviates my need for Elements).

Have faith Larry, I'm sure it will be sorted out.