Bus Fader Not Responding [Solved]

AndyB01

Right chaps - technical question:

I'm trying to improve my rudimentary mixing skills by following Mike Enjo's excellent videos. I have created sends for my FX and buses for the instrument tracks, done the gain staging and have ended up with a half decent mix (well to my ears).

However, I think the lead guitar is just a tad too hot, but when I try and trim the level in the relevant bus fader it has zero effect. The guitar track in question has two sends to a delay and amp SIM and outputs to the bus.

I'm clearly missing something really obvious and/ or doing something really dumb, but I just can't land where I'm going wrong here.

Anyone care to have a crack at solving this one? I'd be extremely grateful.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Edited by AndyB01
Add resolution status

Without seeing your exact routing it is hard to tell but it seems like the following might be happening from your description.

- You have a send to a Amp Sim that outputs to a bus

- You also have the audio track going somewhere as well?

Usually, I just put the amp sim on the track. I personally would not send my guitar track to an amp sim using a send unless I was trying to blend the amp sim sound with the non effected sound. Sends are usually, not always, used to send a portion of a signal to effect it and then have it blend in with the original signal.

• Like 1