Workflow Issue - Using Auto Track Zoom, Folders, and a Controller

XBaker

Hi All,

I'm using Auto Track Zoom in a project that has multiple tracks in multiple folders. When I use my MIDI Controller's Next Track or Previous Track function, Cakewalk won't Auto Zoom to the track if it's in a Closed Folder. I would like it to Open a Closed Folder and Auto Zoom the nested track. And if could Close the Folder when I move from the last nested track to the first nested track of the next Closed Folder and Open that one3, that'd be perfect for my workflow.

Mind you, Cakewalk does indeed move to the appropriate track using the Next and Previous Track functions on my Controller. But it doesn't Auto Zoom the track. The Folder holding the track remains Closed.

Does Auto Zoom work with your controller? Is it possible it's only a problem with my Controller? Nektar Impact LX88+.

Thanks for any insight!

Tom

Hi Bassman!

Agreed the first track must be clicked on by the mouse. But if the next or previous tracks are inside Folders, the Folder doesn't expand to show the track. Works fine for tracks outside of Folders, or for tracks within a single folder. Doesn't work when tracks are inside multiple folders.

Tom

Hi Bassman,

Thanks for going to the trouble of creating and posting a video. Looks like the difference is that my folders are all Closed by default. Yours are expanded. I agree, it works if the folders are already expanded. I'm asking for o automatically expand the folder if Next or Previous track goes to a track in a Closed folder.

Tom

Edited by XBaker