Imported Audio Not Showing Up in Explorer [Solved]

Bill Phillips

Question

Where are the two audio files recently imported into the project shown in the GIF? Explorer is not showing the two files (last two in project shown in GIF) in the project Audio folder even though the Associated Audio Files popup shows that they are in the Audio folder. I've saved, closed and reopened the project but they are still not there. This is a new problem for me that I don't recall ever experiencing before and it worries me. I don't want changes made in this project to affect audio files in the project the audio was imported from but at this point I don't know where those audio files actually are. They have to be somewhere because they load when I reopen the project.

FTJ46zS.gif

Edited by Bill Phillips

4 answers to this question

Hi Bill,

Looks like you are looking at two different directories.  The one where the file was saved is under *Molly & Chris* and the other where you are searching is *M&C*.   Perhaps you can copy the directory string from the Associated Audio Files dialog.

Kind regards,

tecknot

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, tecknot said:

Hi Bill,

Looks like you are looking at two different directories.  The one where the file was saved is under *Molly & Chris* and the other where you are searching is *M&C*.   Perhaps you can copy the directory string from the Associated Audio Files dialog.

Kind regards,

tecknot

You are correct! Thank you for setting me straight. I was staring straight at it and mis-read the folder name. So to me this is a bug and I'll report it. This project is supposed to copy audio to the project audio folder and it didn't. That's scary. I could inadvertently modify source audio files corrupting the source file.

Bill

20 hours ago, John Vere said:

The safest way to handle weirdness is to use "save as" with the "copy Audio" box checked to a new location and re name the project with todays date. Everything will be in the new project folder. 

Thanks John. I'll probably do that and then delete this project and verify that the source files in the project have not been modified or deleted. I don't believe this has ever happened to me before. I'm going to report it as a bug.

Bill