Overloud Blackstar Studio IR Pack - FREE!

cclarry

1 minute ago, Prog Nut said:

The only file that gets downloaded is the Blackstar+Studio.rematrix (from my account). No ".rir"-file. Perhaps this is generated after the "install"?

Yes, Blackstar+Studio.rematrix contains the "BLACKSTAR STUDIO.rir" and two banks of presets for REmatrix.

7 hours ago, John Maar said:

That's what I'm doing, but all I get is Windows cursor changing to the European street sign for "NO" when it's over the plugin UI.

360_F_386957379_EzXxNL2c2yLRvzS3sV5YilLr

Are you by any chance running your DAW as admin? I think I remember reading something a while back that drag-and-drop in Windows doesn't work if something is running as admin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, antler said:

Are you by any chance running your DAW as admin? I think I remember reading something a while back that drag-and-drop in Windows doesn't work if something is running as admin.

YES! It was the administrator setting. After disabling this, the "run this program as an administrator" in the Properties/Compatibility tab, I could drop the rematrix-file onto the plugin window with success! Strange how certain programs has to be run as an admin, and some programs can't be run correctly with the same setting!?

Thank you antler!

44 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

I’m not abandoning running my rig as Administrator for a freebie that I really don’t need. YMMV

No, it's only Cakewalk, not the whole system! I am still running Windows as "administrator" (and not merely "user"). I had Cakewalk , on top of this, marked to be run with elevated privileges via the option in the Properties/Compatibility tab (on the Cakewalk icon). I am still logged on as administrator on my computer. And after installing the IR library nothing keeps you (or me) from reverting to "run (Cakewalk) as administrator" again. REmatrix works all the same, except from the next time I install a new library I have to momentarily disable the "run as..." again!

9 hours ago, scook said:

I have the full version of REmatrix. The "BLACKSTAR STUDIO.rir" (a SQLite database of IRs) is in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Overloud\REmatrix\IRLibraries along with the Factory.rir. 

I HATE it when things install to the PUBLIC user's folder. Sheesh. I NEVER think to look there, but guess what? That's where Output installed the freebie IRs.

Many thanks for pointing me to that folder. I went back into REmatrix's Preferences and pointed it to that folder.

If they're going to use that folder no matter what the user specifies, then why on earth do they ask (require) you to specify a folder, and then not use it?

FWIW, I have never specified a user folder for IRs.

I gave up on adding IRs to Overloud products well before they added this feature. 

The Blackstar Studio IR Pack is an expansion pack not user IRs. 

I first checked ProgramData for the IR database but when it was not there remembered they also used the public user folder.

I like REmatrix but have mostly abandoned convolution in favor of algorithmic reverbs.

On 3/1/2022 at 10:11 PM, scook said:

REmatrix Solo can only load one IR at a time and has no facility to load Overload REmatrix expansion packs.

The full and free versions of REmatrix can load multiple IRs at a time.

Do you know if the ReMatrix Player can load 3rd party IRs?