Overloud Blackstar Studio IR Pack - FREE!

cclarry

1. If you already have REmatrix Full or REmatrix player installed, please skip to step 5
2. you do not have an Overloud account, you need to create one for free.
3. Download and install the free REmatrix Player. That’s our IR loader.
4. Open the plugin in your daw and when asked for the authorization, log in with your Overloud account. Your license will be automatically displayed.
5. Download the Blackstar Studio library
6. Drag the downloaded library into REmatrix in order to install it.

• Like 3

I followed the instructions on the website (which stony posted) and it was a breeze!!  The only thing extra I had to do was a  vst scan. That's between step 3 and 4.

30 minutes ago, Sidney Earl Goodroe said:

Asking for code for authorization! Anybody know one?

To clarify: In my case, the authorizer self-populated the code.  I assume it did so because I had logged in to my Overloud account at some point.

Edited by User 905133
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Grem said:

Does not appear to work with the free Rematix Solo that came with CW.

REmatrix Solo can only load one IR at a time and has no facility to load Overload REmatrix expansion packs.

The full and free versions of REmatrix can load multiple IRs at a time.

• Like 1

I was able to download the IR file no problem, but I'm unable to drop it on to ReMatrix (full). I have no user folder specified for user IRs, but seem to have installed all of the other ReMatrix packs on my new laptop. Can't remember how I did that. Off to class. Will work on it this afternoon.

11 minutes ago, dee said:

it is free now for 7 days but what happens if you need to reinstall on new computer later on, how this works if it is not permanently allocated at your account?

make sure to keep a copy of the expansion pack for future use.

• Great Idea 2

4 hours ago, scook said:

This is an REmatrix expansion pack not just IRs.

Add it just like any other expansion pack (IOW drop the file on the plug-in UI)

That's what I'm doing, but all I get is Windows cursor changing to the European street sign for "NO" when it's over the plugin UI.

360_F_386957379_EzXxNL2c2yLRvzS3sV5YilLr

Edited by John Maar

1 hour ago, John Maar said:

That's what I'm doing, but all I get is Windows cursor changing to the European street sign for "NO" when it's over the plugin UI.

360_F_386957379_EzXxNL2c2yLRvzS3sV5YilLr

Not sure if related to your issue, but this doesn't work with the prochannel rematrix.  

It needs the standalone app after it has been authorized.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

Not sure if related to your issue, but this doesn't work with the prochannel rematrix.  

It needs the standalone app after it has been authorized.

I tried it with the VST plugin (in Gig Performer and Studio One; stopped using SPLAT when it went splat, so no more Pro Channel) and with the standalone app. Same problem in both.

EDIT: The problem was that I had no User folder defined for REmatrix IRs. I created an Overloud/REmatrix/IRs folder on my samples drive, pointed REmatrix at that folder, and voila!, able to drop/install the free IRs. I think all the other optional stuff I installed was presets, so an IR folder wasn't required.

Live and learn. Thanks to those who took and time and responded!

EDIT #2: Here's what's weird. There's nothing in that folder! For the life of me, I can't find where REmatrix put those IRs.

Edited by John Maar
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, John Maar said:

EDIT #2: Here's what's weird. There's nothing in that folder! For the life of me, I can't find where REmatrix put those IRs.

I have the full version of REmatrix. The "BLACKSTAR STUDIO.rir" (a SQLite database of IRs) is in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Overloud\REmatrix\IRLibraries along with the Factory.rir. 

• Like 1

I can't "install" this either. The only file that gets downloaded is the Blackstar+Studio.rematrix (from my account). No ".rir"-file. Perhaps this is generated after the "install"?

But since I get the same "forbidden-sign" as John Maar when I try to drag the file onto REmatrix, no rir-file is generated. I have tried to set a user IR folder, but nothing got better. I tried to put the .rematrix-file there, but it didn't help.

I have the full REmatrix 1.2.9 with several other libraries (RExp, GoldenGlue and JPverbs), but either something has happened or I don't remember (most likely) how to do. There is no clear instructions for how to do this in the manual or elsewhere.

But just "drag" for sure won't work!