FREE Soundpaint Instrument ASMR

cclarry

37 minutes ago, Frank said:

7,4 GB to download. Still in progress

I saw how big  the download was, then listened to the Demos and wondered whether it was really worth the effort!! Once you have finished downloading and installing, would love to hear your take on this

Cheers

Nigel

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bajan Blue said:

I saw how big  the download was, then listened to the Demos and wondered whether it was really worth the effort!! Once you have finished downloading and installing, would love to hear your take on this

Cheers

Nigel

It's very special and you need a special use case for it. I have also the free Angels soundset and this is a real highlight.

1 hour ago, Bajan Blue said:

Cheers

Nigel

it already exists as an 8DIO Kontakt library I think ?  

I think that's true of some of the other libraries too - (wurly ?) - I wish they'd be a bit more transparent about that 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, simon said:

it already exists as an 8DIO Kontakt library I think ?  

I think that's true of some of the other libraries too - (wurly ?) - I wish they'd be a bit more transparent about that 

It says "Also available in Kontakt" on Soundpaint product pages. Wurli and Bazantar, for example.

• Thanks 2

ASMR is an interesting "Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response" library for SoundPaint. But definitely mainly for sound design. Free Angels was a different libary offered free for both platforms, but ASMR is new, and strictly for SoundPaint.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASMR

So if you like abstract sounds and textures for backgrounds and ambient stuff it's perfect!

But IMHO, that's the whole point of SoundPaint... "to paint with sound". :)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, abacab said:

ASMR is an interesting "Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response" library for SoundPaint. But definitely mainly for sound design. Free Angels was a different libary offered free for both platforms, but ASMR is new, and strictly for SoundPaint.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASMR

Nope...I have the Kontakt Version....FREE ASMR...I've had it for quite a while...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Nope...I have the Kontakt Version....FREE ASMR...I've had it for quite a while...

I just checked and so have I!!! Clearly I have not used it much.......if at all🤪

But my one does say v1.1 and it is only 3.6Gb so perhaps this Soundpaint version has some stuff added to it??

Nigel

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bajan Blue said:

I just checked and so have I!!! Clearly I have not used it much.......if at all🤪

But my one does say v1.1 and it is only 3.6Gb so perhaps this Soundpaint version has some stuff added to it??

Nigel

Much of that difference is because of NI's "Lossless Compression" which allows for much greater compression
of the files...

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

OK, I found the 8DIO version here finally. https://8dio.com/instrument/free-asmr-for-kontakt-vst-au-aax/

But it appears to be hidden on the website headline listing the FREE 8DIO products but, they list the SoundPaint version. Probably based on the same sample set, but the instrument categories possibly appear to be different between the Kontakt and SoundPaint programs.

• Like 1

Just now, abacab said:

OK, I found the 8DIO version here finally. https://8dio.com/instrument/free-asmr-for-kontakt-vst-au-aax/

But it appears to be hidden on the website headline listing the FREE 8DIO products but, they list the SoundPaint version. Probably based on the same sample set, but the instrument categories possibly appear to be different between the Kontakt and SoundPaint programs.

Yes it is...they replaced it with the Soundpaint Version...as they will with each Kontakt Library that gets converted to Soundpaint