Copy/Paste Issue...

I’ve been experiencing a very annoying copy/paste bug with Cakewalk.  For whatever reason random tracks after being pasted have inconsistent volume levels.  

For example, one particular track showed the exact same velocities as the other pasted sections when I compared them in the piano roll.  However there was a nearly 6 decibel increase in the sound after it was pasted in another section. I watched the meter, and it showed nearly 6 decibels.

Anyone else have issues with copy/paste?

SMD

I have had this happen too, and it turned out there were in fact duplicate notes, but one set was hidden. I forget exactly how I found them, but I think I expanded this or that, and there they were.

Sorry this doesn't solve it, but hopefully it will give you something to go on.

For example, one particular track showed the exact same velocities as the other pasted sections when I compared them in the piano roll.  However there was a nearly 6 decibel increase in the sound after it was pasted in another section. 

Are you feeding the copied  midi data to the same Vsti or different one. Or are you feeding it to a different instance of the same Vsti with the same patch? Is it possible that the other patch us setup with different volume or velocity sensitivity levels? 

But mostly your issue seems to be of doubling coz usually doubling causes 6db rise in volume.

• Like 1