Good sounding Reverb/Room?

peter

Hey!

I'm searching for a good sounding "room maker" (reverb/hall), but the breverb 2 sounds not really good... or i can not find good settings.

Do somebody has a suggestion?

Thanks

pete

i don't have much experience with reverbs, so i suppose, that i don't understand "what sounds good" :D

can somebody give me an example of suitable "room" for vocals?

I found under "plate" "neutral vox space" and can not find better one... but it sounds not really good enough for me.

Before spending a dime check out the free world. You did not mention if you tried the other two reverbs.

To supplement the plug-ins bundled with CbB pick up the MFreeFXBundle. As the name implies, it is free although, there is a licensed version which is a good value when it is on sale. It includes MConvolutionEZ with a bunch of IR files. you may find something in it that you like. While CbB includes REmatrix Solo, it is a pain to load 3rd party IR files into it. There are quite a few free IR collections on the net and a tool like MConvoluionEZ is a lot easier to add file to than REmatrix Solo.

• Like 1

i've tried them, but i'm not sure, if they are really good and if there some much better stuff out there for free.
For now i watches some tutorials about reverb and made it much better now with sub channel over send and low- & high-cut.

i look after the MfreeFXBundle, thank you!

I'm not a huge fan of Waves, but their H-Reverb is very, very good. It can go from realistic to crazy  and it's as complex as you want it to be. I didn't realise how average BREVERB was until last year when I downloaded some new verbs. 

bx_rooMS & Slate Verbsuite are pretty good too. 

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

@peter - what's the authorization on the Tverb?

Is it iLok / computer based and how many activations do you get?

I'd like to get this, but if I'm gonna have to buy a separate copy for each machine it'll blow my monthly plugin budget :)

On my iLok, it says 1 of 2 activations for Tverb. I'm going to say that would mean I have another activation I can use. I also read when your iLok activations are on the USB dongle, you can take it with you--I think you're OK, but I'm no expert on iLok.

• Thanks 1

Hi! Just for additional options, there is also another free Convolution Reverb, "Convology XT". I downloaded it a while back and has great presets. Of course, it depends on your taste.

Here is the link:

https://impulserecord.com/project/convology-xt-plugin/

Link to a youtube video/tutorial: 

Also, I'm not sure if it's allowed to mention it here, but Waves is giving away their reverb plugin "TrueVerb" for FREE until June 21 for all Presonus (sorry to mention other brands) email subscribers. Check out the info here:

https://www.waves.com/account/trueverb-free

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/studio-one/2019/6/8/get-a-free-waves-trueverb-plug-in-simply-for-being-a-studio-one-user

I apologize in advance if the info I shared here are not allowed, with all due respect to the forum rules. Sorry also for including so much links ;)

Edited by K.K. Yao
  • Thanks 1