Why Can't We Live Together (vocal rearrangement)

DeBro

At the height of the Vietnam War in 1972, Timmy Thomas wrote, sang. and recorded this song titled "Why can't we live together." As kid, I used to hear this song playing on Radio and it stuck with me all through the military conflicts since then. What needs to be launched is a LOVE REVOLUTION.

So as war has broken out over in Europe, I decided to do a cover of Timmy Thomas' song, as its message is most relevant in this time. It was a solo project recorded and mixed at my home in Queens, New York.

Take a listen at the link below to my cover of:

Why Can't We Live Together

1082833472_WhyCantWeLiveTogether.thumb.jpg.d2a6dffd8c5f516ce1e59d7cd108b792.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah really, agree with the sentiment ! Good idea to cover this. I dont remember the original too well really but like what you did, especially enjoy your guitar playing. The art is good too. When I was listening, my attention was called to the percussion. I dont know if this is how percussion is handled, but I wonder if the percussion could be more tuned to match with the song? For me there was a little not matching at times, and I thought it might gel better if the percussion matched, but Im not too experienced with percussion. Enjoyed it and a few others on you soundcloud. Peace !

• DeBro changed the title to Why Can't We Live Together (vocal rearrangement)
On 3/4/2022 at 6:44 AM, Bajan Blue said:

Always loved this song - this is a good cover, although I'm not too sure re the vocal arrangement

Apart from that good stuff

Nigel

I was being  too faithful to Timmy Thomas' original vocal arrangement. So I rearranged and re-recorded the vocals to sit better with the rhythmic flow of this more up-tempo cover version of the song. Listen at the link below.

Why Can't We Live Together