Eventide Anthology XII

cclarry

5 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Anthology XII  = Anthology XI + H9 Plug-In Series 
or am I missing something?

For $39 I can upgrade to Anthology XI + H9 Plug-In Series to Anthology XII, but no new plugins. 

Looks like Split EQ and SP2016 are new

14 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Anthology XII  = Anthology XI + H9 Plug-In Series 
or am I missing something?

For $39 I can upgrade to Anthology XI + H9 Plug-In Series to Anthology XII, but no new plugins. 

It also includes SplitEQ and SP2016.

If one already has Anthology XI, all H9 series, SP2016 and SplitEQ there is no reason to upgrade.

Anthology XII now includes all their plug-ins in one installer.

I will use the Anthology XII installer but not going to pay for the privilege.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

6 minutes ago, Craig N said:

Interesting, I thought they'd add Newfangled Audio's plugins to this bundle. 

That would’ve been nice. 
Now they’re asking me $160 for SplitEQ and the upgrade from 2016 Stereo Room to SP2016. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fleer said:

That would’ve been nice. 
Now they’re asking me $160 for SplitEQ and the upgrade from 2016 Stereo Room to SP2016. 

You don't find this compelling (from https://www.eventideaudio.com/faqs/)?

What is the difference between 2016 Stereo Room and SP2016 Reverb?

The 2016 Stereo Room plugin is a recreation of only the Stereo Room algorithm, whereas the SP2016 Reverb recreates the Room, Stereo Room, and High Density Plate algorithms from the original SP2016 hardware box. The SP2016 Reverb plugin also more faithfully recreates aspects of the original hardware like the filters in the converters, the bit rate, and sample rate which make it a very authentic recreation of the original unit.

In other words, the 2016 Stereo Room plugin is a really great reverb algorithm, while the SP2016 Reverb is like having a really rare piece of hardware in your DAW.

It is nice to have one installer, just not $40 nice.

Fortunately, they don't require the $$$ to use the installer.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, husker said:
32 minutes ago, Fleer said:

That would’ve been nice. 

I may bite at199 from just XI.  

The original crossgrade price direct from Eventide for SP2016 from Anthology XI and Stereo Room was $29 in 2018.

SplitEQ's intro price was ~$90 depending on the reseller.

Add on the $40 they are asking customers who already have everything, and the upgrade is in the ballpark.

Still, it may be cheaper to wait for individual sales to pick up the plug-ins missing from XII rather than pay up now.

If the $199 from XI results in adding new licenses for the full H9 series, SP2016 and SplitEQ, that is a deal.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Fleer said:

Yep, I’m only missing SplitEQ and SP2016 (but I’ve got it’s iconic Stereo Room algo) so I’m good. No need to upgrade for little old me. 

Dear Fleer! SplitEq is one of my favourite releases last year... it is simply awesome 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Fleer said:

That would’ve been nice. 

Similar price for me Fleer; my upgrade from Anthology XI and SP2016 is $159.80. I am missing quite a few plugins from H9 though.

So it might be worth it for SplitEQ and the H9 plugins I am missing (Crushstation, Crystals, Micropitch, Rotary Mod, ShimmerVerb, Spring, Tricerachorus and Undulator).

That's around $18 per plugin which is pretty good value, but SplitEQ is the only one I really want as I have the rest covered by other plugins.

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ZincT said:

Similar price for me Fleer; my upgrade from Anthology XI and SP2016 is $159.80. I am missing quite a few plugins from H9 though.

So it might be worth it for SplitEQ and the H9 plugins I am missing (Crushstation, Crystals, Micropitch, Rotary Mod, ShimmerVerb, Spring, Tricerachorus and Undulator).

That's around $18 per plugin which is pretty good value, but SplitEQ is the only one I really want as I have the rest covered by other plugins.

Some of those missing H9’s are really good!

• Like 1