Audio Transients problems

Wojtek Stecyszyn

Hi

When I work on audio transients and have several track opened in transient view when selecting with lasso markers they get selected in a strange, unpredictable way - please watch short video - I caught em red handed!!  

Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong? 

...and sometimes it is an issue and other times it is not and everything works fine in the same project in the same place!

Second thing is that when I move markers and then save project and quit. Later Im opening it back (in a default clip view) and some transients seem to be back at their previous places BUT when I switch to audio transient view THEN markers jump into new places! So as long im in the clip view I see and hear old clip.

Another problem:

The other day I was working on snare . I worked with transient markers and move them in places where I want em, but after bouncing clips some markers moved to different positions. Tried it several times and each time not all markers were where I left them.  Any suggestions on what Im donig wrong?

Thanks in advance

My works: https://wojciechstecyszyn.bandcamp.com/

Edited by Wojtek Stecyszyn

This is expected behavior per the Ref. Guide when no clip is explicitly selected (it only mentions selecting markers by double-clicking, but clearly lasso works the same way).

To select the same transient in multiple clips
1. Select the clips that you want to edit.
2. Select the Smart tool in the Control Bar.
3. Assign the track’s Edit Filter control to Audio Transients.
4. Double-click a transient marker in any selected clip.
All transient markers near the same position (within a defined time window) in all selected clips are selected.

Note 1: If no clips are selected, transient markers from all clips are eligible to become selected.
Note 2: To specify the size of the time window, click the AudioSnap Options button in the AudioSnap palette to open the
AudioSnap Options dialog box, then specify the desired Pool Transient Window value.

Markers moving when you bounce is also expected because Cakewalk analyzes the new audio file created by bouncing and, if it's changed, transient detection is likely to yield slightly different results.

Edited by David Baay