Version 28.02.0.029 Problems!

Metalhawk

Hi people. I recently updated my CbB to the latest version (28.02.0.029) and right now to me is unusable. I am suffering full lag doing clicks inside almost all places inside CdB. If I open Step Sequencer by double-clicking a step sequencer clip, it takes 4 or 5 seconds to open the map. The same by clicking other places. It's unusable!. Someone else suffering something similar??

PD: all the buffer settings are same as usual. My audio interface is an RME Babyface I, which has awesome drivers.

I get this from time to time. You hit the space bar and it takes 2 seconds for playback to start. 

I find 2 things that can cause this. Certain "look ahead" mastering plug ins, like the Adaptive limiter as example, and DPC issues from background processing. 

First I'll toggle the Global effects bypass on the transport and if that corrects the issue, problem solved. 

Then it might be a DPC issue.  Then shutting off the internet might solve the issue, If not, further digging with Latency Monitor might be required. 

https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

Edited by John Vere

On 3/1/2022 at 10:18 AM, msmcleod said:

The only time I've seen this is when CbB was using the Realtek ASIO driver.  I've also heard reports of this happening when HDMI audio is enabled.

Is this happening with small projects, or only larger ones?

It happens even in empty ones. For example. When I am hitting the midi key in the Step Sequencer, the sound from Addictive Drums comes inmediately, but when activating the cells they enable much later. The same happens when I delete several hits in a row, they disabled so slow that it fails, I mean only a few get disabled due to the bad performance. I have just updated to the new beta but it's still happenning....

On 3/1/2022 at 6:27 PM, John Vere said:

I get this from time to time. You hit the space bar and it takes 2 seconds for playback to start. 

I find 2 things that can cause this. Certain "look ahead" mastering plug ins, like the Adaptive limiter as example, and DPC issues from background processing. 

First I'll toggle the Global effects bypass on the transport and if that corrects the issue, problem solved. 

Then it might be a DPC issue.  Then shutting off the internet might solve the issue, If not, further digging with Latency Monitor might be required. 

https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

In my case it's happening even in empty projects. And I didn't install anything new in a long time...

Thank you guys.

On 2/28/2022 at 8:48 PM, Metalhawk said:

Hi people. I recently updated my CbB to the latest version (28.02.0.029) and right now to me is unusable. I am suffering full lag doing clicks inside almost all places inside CdB. If I open Step Sequencer by double-clicking a step sequencer clip, it takes 4 or 5 seconds to open the map. The same by clicking other places. It's unusable!. Someone else suffering something similar??

PD: all the buffer settings are same as usual. My audio interface is an RME Babyface I, which has awesome drivers.

Install your Interface drivers again - it will fix it. I have been experiencing this too a couple of times. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/6/2022 at 7:41 PM, Will. said:

Install your Interface drivers again - it will fix it. I have been experiencing this too a couple of times. 

Thank you for the answer. I have uninstalled CbB and RME Babyface drivers completely, and installed everything again. Same problem. Absolute latency in the mouse clicks and overall behavior. The sound plays good but CbB is unusable like this. I am becoming crazy with this. It is nothing related with CPU power or similar since it also happens with empty projects and I can handle big projects with no problem at low buffer sizes.

Hi guys. I would like to update this topic to avoid misinform anybody. It's nothing bad about the Cakewalk version. It was everything about my audio interface... After many hours of trying reinstalling drivers, trying earlier versions of everything or trying to find some "bad" vsti, I decided to test my old M-Audio 2x2 and everything was ok!! No latency inside the sequencer, just the classical cheap interface clicks and pops, but it was definitely ok. I bought this RME Babyface used, it is the first version. Dou you know if this is a typical case of failure, in this sudden way? I mean, I can listen to music through it, and I can listen the CbB, but cannot work with it properly (not at all) because the extreme latency behavior, which does not happen with the M-Audio.

Thank you for your help.

Edited by Metalhawk

On 4/2/2022 at 9:54 PM, scook said:

Are you using the latest RME firmware and driver

According the readme in the firmware, the Babyface version is 225.

The latest driver is 1.219.

Yes, I have everything updated. I have tested the RME on my old Windows 7 with the latest version of Cakewalk and latest drivers from RME and everything is Ok!. And again, on my W10 is everything messed up. Now I can't even find the device between the Windows audio devices despite I can listen through the RME choosing the Babyface in my mp3 player configuration...

imagen.thumb.png.922577f11a3ca6678bab95d4b104d9db.png