Jump to content
Michael A.D.

Melda deal?

Recommended Posts

I see this bundle deal on WAProductions website.   It has 16 Melda effects for $24.95.     They say they include "extended" licenses, which is a phrase I cannot even locate on the Melda website.   If they mean full licenses (which is how they are describing them), then this would seem to be a good deal.

Any thoughts?

https://www.waproduction.com/bundles/view/mstarterfxbundle

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Michael A.D. said:

I see this bundle deal on WAProductions website.   It has 16 Melda effects for $24.95.     They say they include "extended" licenses, which is a phrase I cannot even locate on the Melda website.   If they mean full licenses (which is how they are describing them), then this would seem to be a good deal.

Any thoughts?

https://www.waproduction.com/bundles/view/mstarterfxbundle

 

Yeah, looks like a stripped down version of the Melda Free BUndle (that you also pay to unlock the added functionality).

 

https://www.meldaproduction.com/effects/free

I didn't look at the 1:1 but looks like a sub set of those plugins and I'm sure extended just means it unlocks those perpetually.  

 

I'd personally just wait for the next 50% off the free bundle sale to get all of the free ones unlocked, not just these 16.  But certainly do more compariions on the products includes, I just took a 15 second look

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michael A.D. said:

I see this bundle deal on WAProductions website.   It has 16 Melda effects for $24.95.     They say they include "extended" licenses, which is a phrase I cannot even locate on the Melda website.   If they mean full licenses (which is how they are describing them), then this would seem to be a good deal.

Any thoughts?

https://www.waproduction.com/bundles/view/mstarterfxbundle

 

That's a weird "sale". It half price ($25) for the cost of unlocking the FREE bundle. I wonder how they can do just a couple of them? I agree with Brian, you should just wait for the half off FREE bundle price. In the meantime, you can download the free bundle and start using them to see if you'd want to do that in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys!  I didn't realize that these are their free plugins.   So yeah, I'll just wait for their half-off price for their entire free bundle.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Michael A.D. said:

Thanks guys!  I didn't realize that these are their free plugins.   So yeah, I'll just wait for their half-off price for their entire free bundle.

 

And one more thing to add, if you sign up for an account at Melda, they give you like $10 in credits so that plus a 50% off sale knocks it down.

There is also 20% off referral bonus if you use someone's code (here is mine:  MELDA31209027)   for first time users.  However, I tend to suggest buying something that is worth more than the free bundle to maximize the value there.  But there are plenty of people that do this at a 50% off sale, get the 20% off referral discount and also take the $10 credit making the bundle only cost like $12 out of pocket.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AFAIK the Melda Free bundle isn't restricted in any way - the only thing paying for it does is remove the reminder notice that it's the free bundle.  I guess this is mainly geared towards people not wanting their clients to know they're using free plugins.

The deals you get on the plugins really are excellent and they all add up to further discounts on bundles in the future.  I'd bought quite a few Melda plugins before I got an offer I couldn't refuse - the complete bundle for only 10% of the cost.  Lifetime upgrades, unlimited installs on all my computers, and I automatically get new plugins as soon as they become available. You really can't get any better than that.
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

AFAIK the Melda Free bundle isn't restricted in any way - the only thing paying for it does is remove the reminder notice that it's the free bundle.  I guess this is mainly geared towards people not wanting their clients to know they're using free plugins.

The deals you get on the plugins really are excellent and they all add up to further discounts on bundles in the future.  I'd bought quite a few Melda plugins before I got an offer I couldn't refuse - the complete bundle for only 10% of the cost.  Lifetime upgrades, unlimited installs on all my computers, and I automatically get new plugins as soon as they become available. You really can't get any better than that.
 

Here is the list of what you get by paying for the free ones.  It isn't just nag screen removal.  Though not everyone will utilize these things.

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MFreeFXBundle

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

Here is the list of what you get by paying for the free ones.  It isn't just nag screen removal.  Though not everyone will utilize these things.

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MFreeFXBundle

 

What's missing from Melda's list is access to the multi-parameters (unless you can already access them from the FREE version, but I don't think so). I only know this because early on I wanted to learn how to use mutli-parameters and set up the "Notching EQ" user preset on MEqualizer. It's kind of like the Remove Resonances feature on MAutoDynamicEQ, only it's not automatic.  I still use it when I need to "seek and destroy" problem frequencies on a track though.  🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, mibby said:

What's missing from Melda's list is access to the multi-parameters (unless you can already access them from the FREE version, but I don't think so). I only know this because early on I wanted to learn how to use mutli-parameters and set up the "Notching EQ" user preset on MEqualizer. It's kind of like the Remove Resonances feature on MAutoDynamicEQ, only it's not automatic.  I still use it when I need to "seek and destroy" problem frequencies on a track though.  🙂

When I read the list, I was thinking the Multi-Parimeters being part of the "acess to modulation" they mention.  Multi-Parameters wouldn't have any meaning to anyone not already versed in "Melda" so I wonder if the term modulation was used instead as that at least has some context to it outside of the Melda world.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...