PSP Impressor Announced

cclarry

PSP Audioware, the polish plugin legends, have announced PSP Impressor. Based on the classic PSP MixPressor, PSP Impressor features far more than just a new paint job. We have the details.

PSP Impressor Features

New high resolution, scalable GUI.

VST3 support.

FAT quad sampling option.

Entire compression engine runs at internal quad sampling for proper compressor modelling when FAT is disengaged and 16 x sampling when the FAT is engaged.

High sample rate support up to 400kHz.

Feedback and feedback + feedforward compression modes, PSP MixPressor runs only in feedforward mode.

New side chain filter modes: HPF and Equal Power. PSP MixPressor only had its powerful Bell type side chain filter, however HPF gives PSP Impressor a more classic touch, and the Equal Power results in extremely transparent and well balanced compression of complex tracks, drum groups or even entire mixes.

Four Auto Attack and four Auto Release modes instead of just two modes for each.

Refined compression Shapes for added versatility.

Adjustable Auto Makeup mode.

Adjustable channel Link.

Input (Pre) and output (Post) meter modes with optional Compare mode.

Adjustable VU reference level.

Adjusted ranges for most of knobs to make them more user-friendly.

Input - Output knobs’ link.

New output Limiter.

PSP Impressor In Detail

This is what PSP Audioware say about the new Impressor;

The PSP Impressor is an incredibly accurate, a fully-featured, high-precision compressor designed to process whole mixes, busses or single tracks. PSP Impressor emulates the magical classic characteristics of compressors with valve and opto-electronic circuits as well as classic modern compressors. PSP Impressor also features a highly configurable side-chain. The side-chain filter has a significant effect on PSP Impressor’s sound and operation. Depending on your side-chain filter settings, the filter also lets you use the compressor as a de-esser or to reduce the pumping effects of heavy kick drums and the like.

PSP Impressor also works very well in combination with the PSP Saturator. With the PSP Impressor before the PSP Saturator in the signal path (think of it like placing a bus compressor before a tape machine), you can employ both plug-ins simultaneously (using subtle settings!) in order to impart a very cohesive sound, like your mix was being produced on expensive analog hardware. Of course, you can also reverse the order, placing PSP Saturator before PSP Impressor - never be afraid to experiment!

Pricing And Availability

Until March 14th PSP Impressor will be offered at the special introductory price of US$69 (includes sales or VAT taxes). Starting from March 15th PSP Impressor regular price US$99 will be applied (includes sales or VAT taxes). Current users of the PSP MixPack bundle can buy PSP Impressor with additional 70% discount.

https://www.pspaudioware.com/products/psp-impressor

PSP_Impressor_www.jpg

• Like 2

I recently got an email about from PSP about a coupon code that drops my price to $28.98

To see your final discounted price:

1) Log-in to your account at our user area and go to the store.
2) Put PSP Impressor into your cart.
3) Go to our check out page and you see your individual discount coupon.
4) Tick the box: I have a coupon!.
5) Copy the coupon code (CTRL +C) and Paste (CTRL +V) into the coupon field  and press activate it button. 
5) Finalize the payment.

Still on the fence though...
Usually with any interesting plugin there would be a 1/2 dozen or more gushing reviews/demo videos out, I'm only seeing the one linked on PSP's website.
Anyone here taken the time to run it through its paces?

18 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

i stopped buying their new stuff when they switched to ilok

Not that there aren't occasional issues but for the most part iLok problems are XP era issues... 
Had/have more problems with assorted VST3 plugins - still constantly seeing developers of all stripes (for example Arturia's latest updates) releasing VST3 bug fixes.
I use to not care for iLok but the last time I had to switch computers - my iLok plugins were all installed, activated & working by the 2nd day; it took me weeks to completely install/activate all the others.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TheSteven said:

I use to not care for iLok but the last time I had to switch computers - my iLok plugins were all installed, activated & working by the 2nd day; it took me weeks to completely install/activate all the others.

The same happened to me when I had to fix my laptop (change Windows license). 👍

There is the advantage with iLok that you know how to do things, whereas there is a Tower of Babel with (other) machine authorizations. 😟

But still I prefer authorizations like the former PSP one that do not require online access (Acon Digital, Audiority, AudioThing, Black Rooster, Boz Digital, Cockos, eaReckon, FuseAudioLabs,  Harrison, JoeySturgis, Klanghelm, Kuassa, MeldaProduction, TBProAudio, Toneboosters, ..., you see there are a lot!).

Real offline authorizations are the most safe ones, also in case a company vanishes or is bought out, or if you cannot update to a new system. These days I mostly buy plugins with real offline activation to protect my investments, as I have enough others that are more cumbersome to handle!

• Like 2