SINE player doesn't play MIDI song

Örjan Widegren

I have used Cakewalk to play MIDI songs with a mix of different VST instruments. This has worked fine, except for the SINE player. SINE loads nicely as a VST instrument and when I load the string ensemble I can play different notes on the virtual key board. But SINE doesnt play the MIDI file like other virtual instruments.  In the console view no sound at all is indicated. It must be a very simple mistake ? Veruy thankful for help.  – Örjan Widegren

28.02.2022_07.11.24_REC.png

11 hours ago, Örjan Widegren said:

I have used Cakewalk to play MIDI songs with a mix of different VST instruments. This has worked fine, except for the SINE player. SINE loads nicely as a VST instrument and when I load the string ensemble I can play different notes on the virtual key board. But SINE doesnt play the MIDI file like other virtual instruments.  In the console view no sound at all is indicated. It must be a very simple mistake ? Veruy thankful for help.  – Örjan Widegren

28.02.2022_07.11.24_REC.png

Notice that each Sine Player instrument that is listed in the articulation list has its own MIDI channel setting (SINE is muli-timbral, most VSTi's are not). So unless your MIDI file is sending data for all channels 1-4, you will only hear the instrument respond to the corresponding channel used in the MIDI file.

For example, if your MIDI file is only using ch 1, you will need to set all the instrument articulations to ch 1, otherwise the others will not make any sound. Alternatively, if the MIDI file is multi channel (i.e., ch 1-4), you will need to match up the assigned MIDI channels in the articulations to get them to play the appropriate sound.