Can't get virtual instruments to record

Unfortunately, I was automatically *following* this thread because I responded to it a couple of years ago. So every time someone digs up this old thread to complain, I get a new notification. 🤪

Probably time to *un-follow* it now! :)

Hopefully this thread does get locked, so folks won't waste any more time with it.

12 minutes ago, abacab said:

Hopefully this thread does get locked, so folks won't waste any more time with it.

Maybe it should be left open long enough (5 days, maybe?) for the appearance of an apology as in the response to a previous misguided expression of frustration?

On 10/1/2021 at 4:53 AM, loyd said:

I am stunned that the people answering this simple question are not giving an answer. . . . 

On 10/6/2021 at 7:56 AM, loyd said:

Thanks for the appropriate response. My frustration should not have been so obvious. Apologies to all. I will, do better

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Like many other people, I ran into the same issue. The problem is really is that it is very counter intuitive. You would expect that jamming on the VST keyboard would give you a very direct way to record an additional track on top of your work. Anyway, it sounds like a hardware Midi controller will solve this problem in the best way. The Virtual Controller, by the way, does not give the same sound as the original VST. Not sure why, but probably more settings and mappings would need to be set. I am betting on my Midi Controller, arriving tomorrow. For now, I am using the step sequencer.

• 8 months later...