Magix Movie Studio Platinum 2022 + NewBlue TotalFX

Fwrend

52 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

So if getting this for the TotalFX, wouldn't it be a better deal to just buy a 12-month subscription to Movie Studio Platinum? That's $48 and also comes with TotalFX. Maybe someone can confirm that the TotalFX licence would be (still) be permanent in this case? 

Perhaps for some but personally I think $11 more is worth it for the perpetual license and no guesswork involved for TFX.

3 hours ago, Fwrend said:

Perhaps for some but personally I think $11 more is worth it for the perpetual license and no guesswork involved for TFX.

That was the point of the question, to eliminate the guesswork. And it's not $11, it's $21 for a new buyer. 

• Like 2

That's alright, I decided to skip this. Buying software to edit videos I haven't yet shot for songs I haven't yet finished can't be that urgent. At least with plugins I can put them on a 30 second stem and feel, stupidly, like I'm on to something. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Good deal for NewBlueFX.  Note that I already had NewBlueFX Transitions installed, and the new NewBlueFX install broke it.  The solution here anyway was to drag the Transitions folder out of the Common Files\OFX folder, run MSP 16, close MSP 16, move the Transitions folder back into Common Files\OFX and re-run MSP 16.

I'm getting a crash on close sometimes with MSP 16 now which I never did, but I'm not sure if it's related to the NewBlueFX installs.

21 minutes ago, bluzdog said:

Is MS2022 pretty intuitive for someone without video editing experience but is comfortable with Cake and Studio One? Thanks.

Rocky

Not too bad.  There are obviously some differences (that still get me a couple of years after getting MSP16!), but it's not a huge jump in how things work.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Perry said:

Good deal for NewBlueFX.  Note that I already had NewBlueFX Transitions installed, and the new NewBlueFX install broke it.

Just curious what NBFX Transitions you had/purchased?  TotalFX comes with Transitions 5 Ultimate and wonder if these just replaced the ones you had or if there were none available or you had some missing which you noticed.

25 minutes ago, Fwrend said:

Just curious what NBFX Transitions you had/purchased?  TotalFX comes with Transitions 5 Ultimate and wonder if these just replaced the ones you had or if there were none available or you had some missing which you noticed.

It was indeed Transitions 5 Ultimate which I got "free" with MSP 16 - any reference to them in an existing project (in MSP) failed, as did trying to add them to a new project (even though they appeared in the transition menu in MSP).  Even after a reinstall.  Not sure what happened, but my drag and drop reinstated them, so all good in the end.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

They say Vegas Movie Studio is stopped. Now Magix has Movie Studio 2022 with the promo from which is based this thread, and this won’t be discontinued.

• Like 2