Magix Movie Studio Platinum 2022 + NewBlue TotalFX

Fwrend

Great deal even if you don't have/use Movie Studio Platinum.  This is the full NewBlue TotalFX package (he says $1495 but it is $699 perpetual license).  Derek at MovieStudioZen talks about it HERE.  While he has tested it and says it will work in the previous versions of Movie Studio Platinum and ALSO Vegas Pro, I wonder if it works in other packages or tied to Magix like some previous offers.

$49 - Upgrade from a previous version
$69 - New purchase

654540778_NewBlueTotalFX.thumb.JPG.e3d4f7d4bddceb32ceca0ac81cf81ba3.JPG

Edited by Fwrend
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's some deal @Fwrend!

I haven't used Vegas in a while (v15 was the last one I purchased) as I moved to DaVinci Resolve, but I notice the NewBlue FX page says that it is compatible with Resolve. 

Would be nice to know whether the NewBlue stuff in this deal is tied to use with Magix Vegas/Movie Studio though before buying.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cclarry said:

$129 if you don't own a previous version, which is still a great deal for TotalFX

That's the SUITE version.   Just switch the "Payment Plan" to New Purchase.

EDIT: thanks for the link oh great King!  :)

904091312_NewBlueTotalFX2.JPG.bf03453490c536a126d76118bf0bbb95.JPG

Edited by Fwrend
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ZincT said:

Would be nice to know whether the NewBlue stuff in this deal is tied to use with Magix Vegas/Movie Studio though before buying.

Z, seems like they work fine.  I'm not proficient in DaVinci but was able to see/insert these NBFX.

NewBlue Stylizers
NewBlue Filters
NewBlue Essentials
NewBlue Elements

2085519932_NewBlueTotalFX3.JPG.9cd8252931e18bad6f7856a6ffe8a6a8.JPG

Edited by Fwrend
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ZincT said:

Seems to be independent to Magix movie studio. I got it as an upgrade to movie studio, but mainly to use the NewBlue effects within Vegas Pro. I just downloaded the NewBlue effects which is a separate download to Magix Movie Studio Platinum 2022 and didn't download Magix Movie Studio Platinum at all, (I'll do that later). It was a 1.5gig download, then installed it. You have to set up a NewBlue account as part of the installation process so you can activate it with the serial. It installed fine and is coming up as available for Vegas Pro as well as my old movie studio. I don't think it's tied to magix offerings only though.  It will most likely be compatible with whatever it says it is compatible with on the NewBlue website, vegas pro, davinci and recent adobe premiere versions.

It seems that you can only use it on one computer, to use it on another, you have to deactivate it and then reactivate it on the other computer. You do this by signing in. A bit annoying if you want to use it on another computer.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

So there’s no reason right now to buy the Suite? My understanding is that the only extra in Suite is included in Total FX?

Correct me if I'm wrong but TotalFX is not included in Vegas Edit or Vegas Pro (Suite) at the moment.  It is only with Movie Studio Platinum and tomorrow is the last day. 

@Tezza, correct!  I had asked the aforementioned Derek and was told "Yes! NBFX uses the OFX protocol, which means they will all work in DaVinci Resolve and any other program that supports OFX.  In the past, different versions of Vegas would often come packaged with a "sample pack" of NBFX, that sometimes were locked to only work in the program they were sold with. Boris FX was the main company that does this. However, this time around there is no catch. I have tested it myself and NBFX Total FX works 100% OK in all of the following: DaVinci Resolve, Vegas Pro 19, Vegas Pro 18, Vegas Pro 17 and Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 17."

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fwrend said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but TotalFX is not included in Vegas Edit or Vegas Pro (Suite) at the moment.  It is only with Movie Studio Platinum and tomorrow is the last day.

I only have Vegas Edit 16 which does not have the NewBlue effects, I don't think they come with any version of Vegas Edit, don't know about Pro. Yes, they are saying that the offer to include NewBlue effects with movie studio platinum is only for February as is the offer to upgrade to Vegas Edit for $88.00. I am considering getting the upgrade to Vegas Edit 19, see what new things it offers.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

Can someone think for me and tell me, for someone just getting started with video who plans to use DaVinci Resolve, is this worth getting even if I don't fully understand what it is right now? 

Definitely!  You'll want the Titler Pro, and Transitions most of all...and there is a lot more here!  Just Titler Pro 7 is $299 normally.
I have 6, and my upgrade price is $188

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Soundwise said:

I'm confused.

Of course, typical Magix confusing and vague magic fashion!  This may or may not help but here is an enlightening post from last year at MovieStudioZen.  Movie Studio Platinum (made in Germany) is not part of the Vegas line (made in the US).

Also:  Movie Edit Pro version Comparisons (part of the Magix line); There is actually a Vegas Edit also (see Vegas version Comparisons); Movie Studio 2022 version Comparisons (part of the Vegas line). 

Magix.JPG.c22fb408b378bcc33693d03007d73322.JPGVegas.JPG.236f66e481a7a96f0cd6886ccc114c33.JPG

Edited by Fwrend
  • Like 2

So if getting this for the TotalFX, wouldn't it be a better deal to just buy a 12-month subscription to Movie Studio Platinum? That's $48 and also comes with TotalFX. Maybe someone can confirm that the TotalFX licence would be (still) be permanent in this case?