Drum Replacer tutorial link etc

Gary Shore

Question

Updating this as,although the original thread was posted after I mistakenly kept trying to install Drum Replacer as an FX plugin instead of setting it up as a Region FX(see below if you also made the same mistake and like me were wondering what was going on),instead of deleting this thread(see reply to Mark McLeod below)decided to leave it up as John Vere,one of the more knowledgeable folks over here who's helped me figure things out,has just made a new tutorial on using  Drum Replacer which he posted the link to below...looking forward to checking it out,I'm sure that like all his other excellent videos that are among my go-to sources of info for everything Cakewalk,it'll be another great resource for those of us developing our overall skillset....

Posting over here again hoping some of the  people who've helped me figure things out in the past will know what's going on/what to do-

Just went to load Drum Replacer and kept getting the message screen shown-

Not sure what's going on as I checked the Plugin Manager,saw it listed,checked the plugin properties box there with no problem,re-scanned everything anyways...

Plugin actually shows in the FX Rack but same message screen comes up...

Last thing I wanted to have to deal with as I'm planning on using it for a bunch of tracks,actually working on some other stuff,not in the DAW today but wanted to check the info for another plugin and just thought of taking a look at Drum Replacer as well when this happened...glad I did think to check it vs.finding out about this when I went to start working on the Projects where I'd been planning on using it....

Found this older thread mentioning the same "exception code" but not familiar w/what's involved here...hoping there's an easy fix someone can let me know about....

thumbnail.png

Edited by Gary Shore

6 answers to this question

Hey Mark!!

Man much thanks for pointing this out,made my day...haven't used this for a long time,just realized it would be great for some stuff I'm focusing on,checked out a bunch of tutorials/info and had everything ready to go in terms of refreshing my knowledge of how to use it but had neglected this aspect of things as I was thinking in terms of plugins/FX this AM...no sooner did I read your reply then I re-opened the DAW,checked it under Region FX instead and right away saw everything worked as it was supposed to...again thank you for seeing this and posting right away...... 

Based on the no-brainer aspects of this I'd inadvertently neglected while still having my AM coffee when I was  getting into this stuff earlier,will be deleting this thread,just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your posting,along w/all your past help over here man...

Hey John!!How goes it man?

You know like I posted above in reply to Mark who quickly set me straight on exactly what was going on yesterday AM ,was getting ready to delete this thread but now I'm glad I didn't get around to it until just now as I didn't know about this new one of yours although I have your playlists/links all saved in my go-to Cakewalk info email folder-much thanks for posting the link,just took a quick look at it and saw you also get into some other stuff I'm interested in as well...will be adding this to the tutorials I'm studying to figure out how everything works w/this...BTW now that you've posted this will be leaving the thread up w/a different title/updating the initial post...

1 hour ago, Gary Shore said:

was getting ready to delete this thread

Only mods can delete a thread. You could edit/delete all of your comments but that would leave folks who come here later with a lot of unanswered questions.
It's better to leave it up for future generations.

Wasn't aware of that,much thanks for the heads up man..

Anyways you know this is a great forum....although I'm usually only over here when I feel I really need to bring something I'm dealing w/to the groups' attention and get some invaluable feedback,I'm always doing Google searches for threads over here relating to whatever I'm focusing on that I want to get some insight into and invariably finding great posts/replies..so adding this to the available resources(despite it's being based initially on a pre-AM coffee befuddled state)is a good idea,agree 100% w/your point...

Edited by Gary Shore