groomed for success

Paul Bush

Good song but it sounds like there are some timing issues.  I think if you can tighten it up and maybe bring up the bass a bit, it would sounds much better.  I rely on Cakewalk to fix my sloppy playing all the time, got to love digital editing!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KurtS said:

Good song but it sounds like there are some timing issues.  I think if you can tighten it up and maybe bring up the bass a bit, it would sounds much better.  I rely on Cakewalk to fix my sloppy playing all the time, got to love digital editing!

Hi Kurt , thanks for the comments how do you edit your live instuments ? do you konw any tutorials tips etc other than quantizing   cheers p

Edited by Paul Bush

6 hours ago, Paul Bush said:

Hi Kurt , thanks for the comments how do you edit your live instuments ? do you konw any tutorials tips etc other than quantizing   cheers p

Never had any luck with batch quantizing, I do it with audio transients. Change track clips to transient, zoom in, if you click on the track you can bring up the audio snap window - I like to slide the threshold on the right to about 75% that cuts down on the number of markers generated. Then you can shrink or stretch you notes as needed. This takes some trial and error and it can be over done where it distorts the sounds. I frequently move the markers to more precisely manipulate the segment. I always align the bass with the drums, it's amazing how much tighter the track sounds after that. Rhythm guitar, you have to be conservative because it can make for weird sounds. Pretty time consuming but I find it fun.

Edited by KurtS

Paul, I never heard the expression "factory fodder schooling" before, but that's a great way to describe it.
I like the song (great voice!) but I kept waiting for a definite chorus to break out. Just a personal expectation maybe, but there it is.
-Bjorn

• Like 1

Hi chaps , thanks for all the positive input,  as far as the tempo goes Steve yes I thought that as well it could do with a bit more pep , I have done a few videos but they`re really time consuming surfing the free videosphere its something I should look into, Yeah bjorn I do tend to invent my own words and lyrics it comes from being a brit living in austria thinking in english and speaking german I think that  phrase you mentioned came from cannon fodder from the first world war , one of the lyrical tricks is I use is adding  a well known idioms for people to latch on to , one of my made up ones was ``even in a two dog race I wouldnt make second place ´´  thanks Douglas and Nigel for the nice comments .. really appriciated cheers P

Hi User 69 , i would love to say that its latency problems  but I have to hold my head up and say no its just me not playing properly , I think i´m more of  a  songwriter than a producer that said i love putting a basic idea  down and playing around with it adding bit n pieces and being creative but at the  end of the day I although I put hours and hours into my recordings they always fall short , I´m just not that technicaly minded competant , after a while i get clouded vision and wel the rest is ....... cheers for the lovely comments.... in spite of my downfalls the forum members are always nice to me  which is what this forum is all about thanks once again  Paul

hi Paul....your stuff always has emotion, power, conviction, honesty....all the great things about rock and roll in particular and music in general....whatever you are not satisfied with in the technical part of your music think about how to do it simpler and work up from there....personally, i need to work on the drums in DAW production as my stuff as a lot of subtle and labor intensive elements that i just don't have the time to get the way i want so i do my ambient pop music stuff as a way of keeping my DAW journey active and growing so as time moves ahead i feel i'll get the hang of what it is i need....keep on keepin' on!!!! 👍👌🎶🔊

• Like 1