inspector looks different in some projects

charles kasler

Looks like your display doesn't have high enough resolution to display the full height of the Inspector, and one view has the pane scrolled to the top, hiding the volume widget.

I believe 'C' is the default binding to show/hide the Control Bar which will make a little more space for the Inspector.

You might also want to click the Full Screen button at the upper right next to the Workspace selector.

Edited by David Baay
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, David Baay said:

Looks like your display doesn't have high enough resolution to display the full height of the Inspector, and one view has the pane scrolled to the top, hiding the volume widget.

I believe 'C' is the default binding to show/hide the Control Bar which will make a little more space for the Inspector.

Is it C, or Shift-C?

53 minutes ago, charles kasler said:

It's hard to get used to the bandlab changes in Sonar. The inspector looks different in different projects - see attached files. One has no volume fader. Does anyone know why?

While there are differences between SONAR and CbB, the track inspector is not one of them.

The modules displayed are stored per-project.

Click the Display button (M below) to modify which modules are visible.

Inspectors.3.2.png

for more info see http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Inspectors.3.html#1224480

Although the modules could be scrolled off screen too.

Very helpful, thank you. I've been away from sonar for a while since band lab took it over and just coming back to it.  My old workflow needs to evolve with all of the changes to sonar. I had producer before and platinum or whatever this is called now is quite different. It looks like good improvements but I'm randomly learning  with no logical learning curve, if that makes any sense.  Anyway thanks for listening.  Any other suggestions for learning are appreciated!

On 2/25/2022 at 12:03 PM, charles kasler said:

It's hard to get used to the bandlab changes in Sonar. The inspector looks different in different projects - see attached files. One has no volume fader. Does anyone know why? Thanks!!

As mentioned, hover your mouse over the Inspector and scroll up or down with the wheel to find hidden areas.

Works in Console View also.