Effects turned off when I reopen project

marcos69

Question

Hi guys.  Trying to learn the new Cakewalk.

This is the first project I've attempted in Bandlab Cakewalk.  Usually (not everytime) the effects will be turned off on some tracks, even though the project had been saved with them on.  I have to rightclick / uncheck "Bypass FX Rack" and/or "Bypass FX Racks Of This Type" either in the track's effects bin, or in a bus that several tracks are routed to.  Happens pretty much every time I reopen the project.  For some reason it seems to default to the "Bypass" option.

Thanks, Mark

6 answers to this question

On 1/1/2019 at 9:19 PM, RBH said:

The keyboard shortcut to bypass of effects globally is  < E> . Make sure you're not inadvertently hitting that key when typing. I've caught myself doing this once or twice.

Thanks for responding.  I've been afflicted with SFS (Sausage Finger Syndrome) many times, but I swear not this time.  I had even tested it, making sure effects were on when I saved only to find them off when reopened.

8 hours ago, Sent4th said:

When I set Lens setting to none, I save/close then reopen and the display shows Lenses and a couple of seconds later it switch back to Advanced.

How can I lock it "none" even when I reopen it?

You might want to start a new thread. Discussing multiple topics in one Q+A will get confusing.

On 1/3/2019 at 7:30 AM, Chuck E Baby said:

I cant remember if Lenses save FX bin settings but it may be a Lens that is saving the FX in a default off position.

Do you use Lenses ? Try turning changing the Lens setting to none. Save/close + Reopen.

Hi Chuck E Baby.  Sorry I took a while to check back in.  No I haven't been using lens.  I wasn't aware of what they even were until I read your post and looked it up.