IK Support

Fleer

Same here Fleer. It's a week today since Ryan last made contact regarding my problem accessing legacy ST3 libraries in ST4. He asked me to pm the ticket number which I did and haven't heard anything since then either from him or support 👎

Edited by ZincT
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I posted a fix in a earlier thread about 2 months ago.  If you can find it that might help.

Thanks kk. Did you mean this thread:

If so that's the same solution that Ryan from IK offered. I tried it and still no joy. 

More details of the problems are at the end of this thread (anyone know how to link to a specific post within a thread?):

Incidentally, for the song where I wanted to use American Acoustic I have now used NI Strummed Acoustic 2 ☹️

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1

To be honest I really regret buying SampleTank 4. If I had the chance to change my mind and not buy it I would jump at the opportunity. Yeah I know all of its great features etc, blah blah. Could I do without it? Easily.

This sudden disappearance of IK (Ryan) after he had started to help over a week ago is unforgiveable. It's like "Oh you raised a support ticket, great we can put you on the back burner now". Still nothing from Peter either. Do you think this is a good way to deal with your loyal customers Peter?

The nightmare that is their ST4 installation method was always going to cause problems with lots of end users and there are plenty of threads on various forums indicating as much. Nevertheless I was methodical in my installation process and I have religiously updated from 4.0.0 to 4.0.4 and the new sound installers. ST4 itself seems to work fine but it will only let me use some of my ST3 MAX libraries (all of which work fine in ST3). 

32 minutes ago, ZincT said:

ST4 itself seems to work fine but it will only let me use some of my ST3 MAX libraries (all of which work fine in ST3). 

Remember, with ST3 you could only specify one location for the content.  With ST4 you can specify multiple locations.  I have the content for ST4 and ST3 (Though I uninstalled the ST3 player) and can see all the content from both products (as well as IK add ons).  I have two locations for the sound content specified, one for where the ST3 content resides and another for where the ST4 content resides. They are on 2 physical drives.

Go into the Settings and head to the Sound Content tab and make sure any folders that contain Sampletank content (which ever version) are listed there.  Then perform a "Rescan Instruments"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Promidi said:

Remember, with ST3 you could only specify one location for the content.  With ST4 you can specify multiple locations.  I have the content for ST4 and ST3 (Though I uninstalled the ST3 player) and can see all the content from both products (as well as IK add ons).  I have two locations for the sound content specified, one for where the ST3 content resides and another for where the ST4 content resides. They are on 2 physical drives.

Go into the Settings and head to the Sound Content tab and make sure any folders that contain Sampletank content (which ever version) are listed there.  Then perform a "Rescan Instruments"

Thanks Promidi. I have been through this with support. Anyway I have always had two separate locations for ST3 and ST4 sounds under a common IK Multimedia folder.
It's all in the thread I listed above. I have removed all folder locations and re-scanned with none, then adding each one back one at a time starting with the ST3 instrument folder and re-scanning etc (see above thread). With only ST3 instrument folder I still have the same problem.

I have an SSD drive with all of my sample based instruments on.

S:/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4

and

S:/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3

Here's a listing of folder content using Treesize Free. Under ST3 Instruments you will see, amongst others,  200_American Acoustic , 410_NRG and 600_Electronika Chillout. The last two work fine in ST4 but American Acoustic still shows a padlock. That is the issue.

TreeSize Free Export.pdf

24 minutes ago, Promidi said:

The folder tree looks fine. 

Maybe try going through all your IK products and reactivate them using IK Multimedia Auth Manager.....

Worth a try. Thanks 👍🏻

I should add that American Acoustic works fine in ST3.

Edited by ZincT

2 hours ago, ZincT said:

To be honest I really regret buying SampleTank 4. If I had the chance to change my mind and not buy it I would jump at the opportunity. Yeah I know all of its great features etc, blah blah. Could I do without it? Easily.

Same here. I also find updates to the instruments can be confusing. Never simple.

• Like 1