Realistic rock drums VST? Free?

jad

Hi my friend had Session Drummer 2 for Cakewalk and it was really good. Is there a new thing like that and how does one get a vst? Do you have to buy each one? Thanks.  (I have drums as midi, I need to make them sound good).

Edited by jad

You can also get the demo version of Addictive Drums and Keys which never times out. It’s only a basic kit and no toms.  But it’s much more advanced than SI drums and between the 2 you have lots of options. 
https://www.xlnaudio.com/

Just create an account and install the manager software. Sign up for e mail and you can watch for deals on upgrades and kit pieces. 

I just realized that maybe you didn’t download and install SI drums yet?  They are well worth trying out and they are included with Cakewalk. But it’s in the add ins as a separate download 

Edited by John Vere
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Mike Z said:

Take a look at Steven Slate Drums 5.5; there's a free demo that never expires. Includes 3 sample kits with lots of room to edit the sounds.

Do you need ilok to use this? I know you do for anything above Plat 4.0 (which I have and love) I refuse to use Ilok or similar. Thanks

49 minutes ago, martsave martin s said:

no ilok just a account

OK Thanks- I have an account. Appreciate the info. going to download. Love SSD's. Plat 4 are really great sounding. Looking forward to this.

I was ready to buy  when it came out until I saw the ilok thingy. Plat 4 does not have that.

• Like 1

Between SI Drums, Steven Slater's three free kits and MT Powerkit Drums 2, there is probably enough variety for pretty much any style of music. The only thing that is missing from my own personal arsenal was something more "gritty" so I recently bought Ugritone's Kvlt and Riot drums in their $5 sale, although I've not used them yet.

On 2/25/2022 at 1:39 PM, jad said:

Hi my friend had Session Drummer 2 for Cakewalk and it was really good. Is there a new thing like that and how does one get a vst? Do you have to buy each one? Thanks.  (I have drums as midi, I need to make them sound good).

You couldn't have asked this at a better time. IK Multimedia's Modo Drums plugin now has a free CS version (like SampleTank and Amplitube) with the recent v1.5 update: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/mododrum/ 

I have been playing with this for a few days now and I have to say this is really amazing, they give u only one drum kit with the free version(u can add more kits to ur liking later on from their store) but u can shape the tone of each individual drums so that it might sound like an entirely different kit like a rock kit. You can tweak the hell out of each individual drums, like the drum membrane, body, rim and on and on, this thing is truly amazing. There is a good selection of drum groove presets too. I think this is the only other drum set besides SSD 5.5 Free that has truly impressed me in terms of tweaking the drum sounds.

Edited by In A Week
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1