SILLY OLD MEN

freddy j

I guess everyone has been subjected to the past few days of constant "Breaking News".  Well --- this prompted me to look for a song that I did a while ago and I actually found the working file (an oddity for me).  I dusted it off and made a few tweaks as it seemed appropriate for today.  The mix is still a bit rough and I would appreciate any comments, suggestions, crit.'s, etc concerning this song and statement!

Many Thanks!

SILLY  OLD  MEN!

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandid=963481

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, David Sprouse said:

U2 would love this

Yes, my first thought, Freddy goes all U2.

I love it!

t

On 2/25/2022 at 12:10 AM, bjornpdx said:

Freddy this is the best song I've heard from you

Freddy's catalog is pretty deep, so the best?
Timely for sure, well done, no doubt. his absolute best?
is there really a Beatles or Zep tune that's head and shoulders better than the rest?

Hey Jesse.  Many thanks!!!  Really liked your recent post!

Hi Bjorn.  Thank you - your comments are very much appreciated!  As to the vocals, I recorded 3 separate vocal tracks. There is the lead vocal and a high harmony throughout the song.  A low harmony was added in for the choruses. There was no intent on my part to transpose anything.  If it sounds like it. then that probably is more a function of my timing problems. ☺️ Hopefully, it worked out?

Hi Makke.  Thanks very much for listening and for the kind words.

Hey Douglas.  Thanks for taking the time to listen and thank you for the kind comments!  Much appreciated!

Hey Hidden Symmetry.  I'm very glad that you enjoyed it!  Thanks very much for listening and your comments!

Hi Bert.  Wow thank you very much!  I am glad that you liked it and thanks for the kind words!

Hi Nigel.  Thank you very much.  Your comments are much appreciated.

Hey David.  You're right -- Putin is not that old but he most definitely is scary.  Thanks for taking the time to comment - much appreciated!!

Hi Tom.  I first heard U2 at Tampa's punk palace at the time (The Buffalo Roadhouse).  I had to immediately get their album (Boy 1979 or 1980?).  I loved that echo-like sound.  That and the echo-like sound of some of the early R 'n R and rockabilly songs probably contributed to the abuse of that effect on some of the stuff that I have done. I certainly don't consider myself a musician.  My work took me on a different path and it is only since retirement that I have attempted doing music.  My knowledge and skills are minimal but I sure have a blast working (not really work but fun) on it.  Since being on this forum my learning curve has been exponential!  I very much appreciate the tips that you have provided and the encouragement that I have received from you.  Thank you very much!

• Like 1

Fred, this is so timely, regardless of what era you're in, and fun to listen to, in spite of its dire message.  I've been kicking around some kind of "anthem" for Ukraine, but haven't been able to nail it.  You hit the nail on the head!  Thank you for the valuable PSA!  Talk to you later.

Appropriate for the time, perhaps if the silly old men who think they should rule the world were required to be front and centre of the fighting line we woudl not have so much death of innocents.

Just a few tweaks to the mix should see this shine Freddy.

Hi Lynn.  You are right the sentiments expressed in this song could be applied to a number of different era.  Wouldn't it be nice if they didn't apply to the future!?  Thanks very much for listening and for the kind comments.  Now that you have your computer up and running, I am looking forward to some great new song postings from you!

Hey Wookiee.  Send the silly old men to the front line of the war zones --- you certainly got that right!!!  I am getting mighty revolted of watching the video of refugees trying to escape wars from so many different places on this planet!  Thanks very much for listening and for the kind comments!

Thank you Jeff.  I appreciate your taking the time to listen and comment.  I certainly agree with your observation.  Unfortunately, we do need reminders of the folly of "Silly Old  Men" and even the greed of silly young men.  As long as our species is around we will probably always need these kind of observations.  Thanks again!