IK Modo Drum Updated to 1.5.0

cclarry

4 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

You would think with all the trash talk about this practice (and overall pricing structure) IKM would cave and just provide no time duration on this stuff.  

It's a business practice that helps clear out the clutter. Just uninstalled Mododrum (got in on group buy) . IK clearly aiming at casuals when you open an instrument and you're greeted with locked features that require additional purchase. Last thing I want to see when I own a product and working on deadline is to open / click on something and see "you don't own this feature", or see download timelocks on shit I need to install.

Uninstalled Amplitube for this reason as well.

Always feel bad for the engineers - who likely spend 1000s of hours making these products, only for some execs to turn it into a arcade game. Speaking of games, IK should make one. They got the business practices down pat.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 1

8 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

I was also surprised by this.  I'm fully aware of the sounds from the Sampler/Synth being limited time to download.  I really thought the MODO products would be "self contained" especially since the marketing suggests they take up a much smaller footprint that other Drum VSTs.  

You would think with all the trash talk about this practice (and overall pricing structure) IKM would cave and just provide no time duration on this stuff.  Realistically how many people are abusing the downloads in a year with products with libraries this large?   The last thing I want to be doing is downloading this stuff again, unless I legitimately need to.

The whole thing is a little messy. 😞

So just to confirm , in the IKM Product Manager download path. I can put that content anywhere and as long as I point to it, the Product Manager will work, right? So if I download all the data into an external USB drive at work, then take it home and point the path to D:\IKM\Product Manager which contains all the stuff it downloads from the IKM site, it will just work. It's not checking any md5sums?

IKM sold us a Full v1.1.3 product which became a custon Shop in the next update. A total lack of respect for the client which are expressed in this lengthy post, I hope that the representative of IKM of this forum will yield information of the dissatisfaction of the users, their managers to be aware of the very bad reputation they are doing, what of IKM is a total lack of business integrity to the customer.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, JT music said:

I hope that the representative of IKM of this forum will yield information of the dissatisfaction of the users, their managers to be aware of the very bad reputation they are doing, what of IKM is a total lack of business integrity to the customer.

they know - they just don't agree !

• Like 2

I have two questions:

1. Did they fix the dreaded preset up/down buttons on the GUI front in v1.5, in Windows?
  2. If I upgrade (free upgrade to v1.5 without buying new drumkits), will I have to download and install the content again? (I have put the content on an external disk and wouldn't really want to mess up with the current setup).

Thanks.

12 minutes ago, chris.r said:

I have two questions:

1. Did they fix the dreaded preset up/down buttons on the GUI front in v1.5, in Windows?
  2. If I upgrade (free upgrade to v1.5 without buying new drumkits), will I have to download and install the content again? (I have put the content on an external disk and wouldn't really want to mess up with the current setup).

Thanks.

1. I believe the UI is the same. (You can't hide the 3 new locked kits.)

2. I didn't have to download the content again, it was a 1.89 GB file (MODO_DRUM_1_5_0.zip). The 1.1.3 file is 6.38 GB.

Edited by BTP
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Bapu said:

When I installed the 1.5 update all my MODO DRUMS sounds reset to 180 days.

That's great news! But will it be reset without having to pay the upgrade fee?
I have 9 expired sounds... I actually have a MODO DRUM but have never installed it.

Just now, HIBI said:

That's great news! But will it be reset without having to pay the upgrade fee?
I have 9 expired sounds... I actually have a MODO DRUM but have never installed it.

TBH it may have been after I bought the 3 new kits, I'm just not 100% sure. I'm sorry I can't fully answer your question.

• Thanks 1

So I uninstalled MODO Drum 1.5, because it couldn't locate my already paid for (TS MAX 2) full MODO Drums content that I had installed on a secondary SSD drive.

Then I used the old full installer for MODO Drum 1.1.3 (available in my account, past releases, 6.4GB), and it put all of my old kits back in place unlocked. No need to download the original kits individually. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BTP said:

1. I believe the UI is the same. (You can't hide the 3 new locked kits.)

2. I didn't have to download the content again, it was a 1.89 GB file (MODO_DRUM_1_5_0.zip). The 1.1.3 file is 6.38 GB.

Thanks..

1. It's the two up/down buttons next to the preset strip on the main GUI (on the promo video the up button looks still broken, just like mine), if you can't change presets with them then there was no fix to it since the first release

2. I see some people experience problems with the content after updating, it's hard to say for sure, maybe it's too early to judge but I really don't want to mess up with my current setup for no fix.. I'm still on v1.1 

8 hours ago, abacab said:

So I uninstalled MODO Drum 1.5, because it couldn't locate my already paid for (TS MAX 3.5) full MODO Drums content that I had installed on a secondary SATA drive.

This solved it for me to have all the kits (including the 3 new I purchased) show up and now available

17 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

It's a business practice that helps clear out the clutter. Just uninstalled Mododrum (got in on group buy) . IK clearly aiming at casuals when you open an instrument and you're greeted with locked features that require additional purchase. Last thing I want to see when I own a product and working on deadline is to open / click on something and see "you don't own this feature", or see download timelocks on shit I need to install.

Uninstalled Amplitube for this reason as well.

Always feel bad for the engineers - who likely spend 1000s of hours making these products, only for some execs to turn it into a arcade game. Speaking of games, IK should make one. They got the business practices down pat.

There's plenty of music software doing that these days.  

BTW they did fix it so Max users can get it for $79

Edited by Paul Young

7 hours ago, Paul Young said:

There's plenty of music software doing that these days.  

Can't think of any music software on my computer that gives me warnings "you don't own modules necessary to load this preset" when scrolling through presets, or has features locked off in the UI because I haven't purchased that feature. A plugin / instrument that does this won't be on my computer longer than a day. If I can't use something, I don't want to see it on the screen while I'm working...ever.

Luckily, IK is one of the few devs that insist on this annoying AF marketing nonsense.

• Like 1