IK Modo Drum Updated to 1.5.0

cclarry

6 minutes ago, Fleer said:

So do we or don’t we get the 1.5 update for free if we’ve got the original Modo Drum?

you get the update for free but you don't get the additional 3 new kits - these remain 'locked' until you have parted with $79.99

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Fleer said:

So do we or don’t we get the 1.5 update for free if we’ve got the original Modo Drum?

The free update only seems to have undisclosed "reliability" improvements.  Others noted they are not seeing any performance improvement.

Therefore I'm not sure I see the point of doing the upgrade unless you plan to pay for the new drums.

It appears to be an update to alow people to purchase new drum sets not previusly available.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, Brian Walton said:

The free update only seems to have undisclosed "reliability" improvements

pretty vague IMO - probably just a roll-up of various fixes that have been in the queue for ages/

This update is all about selling you extra kits - not about improving the product.

The fact they marketed this as an 'free' UPDATE is what is so confusing.    They should have added some actual measurable and visible IMPROVEMENTS called it V2 and added the custom shop - then $79.99 might have seemed reasonable.

But remember this is IKM we are discussing :D

• Like 2

Just now, simon said:

pretty vague IMO - probably just a roll-up of various fixes that have been in the queue for ages/

This update is all about selling you extra kits - not about improving the product.

The fact they marketed this as an 'free' UPDATE is what is so confusing.    They should have added some actual measurable and visible IMPROVEMENTS called it V2 and added the custom shop - then $79.99 might have seemed reasonable.

But remember this is IKM we are discussing :D

WORD!

• Like 2

Whilst we're dicsussing the vagiaries of the IK processes, in my product manager I have a days eft indiation for all of the sounds (actually counting from when I registered them in the group buy last October). Since I've bought and registered these (with the serial number from my products page), why do I have "days left"?

image.png

IK.jpg

Edited by jerrydf

Just now, jerrydf said:

Whilst we're dicsussing the vagiaries of the IK processes, in my product manager I have a days eft indiation for all of the sounds (actually counting from when I registered them in the group buy last October). Since I've bought and registered these (with the serial number from my products page), why do I have "days left"?

IK.jpg.176bfbfa8d252320a0446db072e69b4c.jpg

image.png

You will have to pay to download the sounds again after that date (think new computer installs etc).  

1 minute ago, Brian Walton said:

You will have to pay to download the sounds again after that date (think new computer installs etc).  

Oh yes - I remember that now.  Thanks Brian.

ps - sorry for double posting the image - I couldn't work out how to delete one of them

45 minutes ago, Magic Russ said:

PSA: If you picked up MODO Drums in the group buy, don't forget to download copies of all the drum kits from the Sounds section of the product installer.  Your downloads will likely expire in a month or two.

When I installed the 1.5 update all my MODO DRUMS sounds reset to 180 days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bapu said:

I do too and that did not happen to me. I selected 1.5 Upgrade.

It wont let me select upgrade. "You are not eligible to purchase this version. Please click here for more details."

IK is not eligible to receive my funds for this since they want me to pony up $199 despite having the recent Total Studio Max 3.5 bundle.  

If it's a glitch then hopefully they fix it otherwise I won't even consider this.  Beware of Toontrack.

Edited by Paul Young

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

I just downloaded those kits sounds for backup. I never knew the sounds expire .. but the IKM Drums does not. I guess it makes sense. But still. Odd.

I was also surprised by this.  I'm fully aware of the sounds from the Sampler/Synth being limited time to download.  I really thought the MODO products would be "self contained" especially since the marketing suggests they take up a much smaller footprint that other Drum VSTs.  

You would think with all the trash talk about this practice (and overall pricing structure) IKM would cave and just provide no time duration on this stuff.  Realistically how many people are abusing the downloads in a year with products with libraries this large?   The last thing I want to be doing is downloading this stuff again, unless I legitimately need to.

• Like 2