IK's Axe I/O Guitar Interface

Mesh

2 hours ago, HIBI said:

"Z-TONE" looks Interesting. Seems variable analog knob. Can you quantify the settings to make a note?

That wouldn't be the use of the Z-Tone variable impedance.  While input impedance can have an impact on frequency generation in some ways in applications like physical modeling, this is not that type of application or range of input impedance (not to mention all of the other requirements of the rest of the physical modeling example).  This would provide a variable impedance to help shape the tone of a guitar or bass plugged into the input in order to get the best possible tone for recording.

@Peter - IK Multimedia Thanks for the explain. Yeah, I know Z-Tone knob is a variable impedance and how it works probably.
I just concern that to reproduction a nice setting accurately. i.g. in this case, after making a nice setting for Guitar A, set to another setting with Guitar B and then set back to the setting for Guitar A again, accurately.

Edited by HIBI

16 hours ago, HIBI said:

@Peter - IK Multimedia Thanks for the explain. Yeah, I know Z-Tone knob is a variable impedance and how it works probably.
I just concern that to reproduction a nice setting accurately. i.g. in this case, after making a nice setting for Guitar A, set to another setting with Guitar B and then set back to the setting for Guitar A again, accurately.

Ah you said a "note" I was thinking you meant a musical note which input impedance does actually have an effect on but that's a bit more than guitar input 101 though it was fun to think about and dust off the ol' music/physics/acoustics/etc education :)

The knob is an analog knob so there are no settings that would be stored for it in the DAW or control software at this time.  Not sure that would be possible due to that but interesting to note.

Ah sorry, I should have said "write down settings".

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

The knob is an analog knob so there are no settings that would be stored for it in the DAW or control software at this time.  Not sure that would be possible due to that but interesting to note.

It would be nice if it can be realized. :)