Clip Gain being Ignored on Bounce/export (Buses)

Wong Jian Ming

Basically my clip gain adjustments are being ignored when I do a mixdown of my buses, the video below demonstrates this issue. This happens also when I do a Control + A to select everything and exporting the audio (buses).

The clip gain does work if I were to do a real time bounce or if I were to do an "Entire Mix" bounce, but there's no way I'm going to do a real time bounce each time for hour long podcast edits...

3 minutes ago, David Baay said:

I can't see that anything is configured incorrectly, but I can't reproduce the issue either. Can you share stripped-down copy of the project?

Its definitely a bug of sorts, my suspicion is due to the high latency plugins like the Izotope RX9 and De-Room Pro causing some issues. Once I bypass all the FX in the project, the problem goes away. So I'm not sure if you'd be able to reproduce the issue without the active plugin chain, should I still try to share the project?

After trying a few different methods, even real-time bounce has issues. How I got around it temporarily is to only leave a single track plugin chain active and bypassing everything else, then freezing that track (repeat for every single track).

Yeah, I suspected something like that. You might try setting a non-zero BounceBufSizeMsec=<0 to 350> in AUD.INI (Edit > Preferences > Audio - Configuration File).

I've had this set to 20 for many years to help avoid rendering issue like this, and I do use some high-PDC plugins at Mastering, including Izotope stuff, though not RX9, specifically. 

On 2/23/2022 at 9:53 AM, Wong Jian Ming said:

Basically my clip gain adjustments are being ignored when I do a mixdown of my buses, the video below demonstrates this issue. This happens also when I do a Control + A to select everything and exporting the audio (buses).

The clip gain does work if I were to do a real time bounce or if I were to do an "Entire Mix" bounce, but there's no way I'm going to do a real time bounce each time for hour long podcast edits...

If you can get us a project where it's readily reproducible, we'll take a look into it and see where the problem is. Thanks!