Waves Rent to Own Programs

cclarry

THE RENT-TO-OWN PLUGIN PLAN by WAVES 

Want to expand your sonic toolbox? Now you can. Whether you’re starting out or are an experienced producer, Flex has a plan for you, with up to 120 plugins to choose from. 

Starting from $9.99/ month 

Choose from 3 easy plans: 

FLEX STARTER | FLEX | FLEX PRO 

SEE PLANS

19 minutes ago, cclarry said:

THE RENT-TO-OWN PLUGIN PLAN by WAVES 

Want to expand your sonic toolbox? Now you can. Whether you’re starting out or are an experienced producer, Flex has a plan for you, with up to 120 plugins to choose from. 

Starting from $9.99/ month 

Choose from 3 easy plans: 

FLEX STARTER | FLEX | FLEX PRO 

SEE PLANS

Might be the only thing you have ever posted that doesn't deserve to be in the deals section.  😂

• Haha 4

Yeah, the list of plugins available are not exactly the best, until you get to the $29.99 pm "deal", and even then I couldn't see the SSL4000 or Scheps 73.

So on the basic plan you pay $120 for 6 plugins, which I guess isn't bad, but I'd be stretched to find 6 I'd actually want out of that list.

L1, MV2, R-Bass are the only one's I'd look at. I guess V-Comp, V-EQ and either TrueVerb or R-Reverb, but I wouldn't choose them other than to fill up 5 + 1 free.

• Great Idea 1

All those verified buyers reviews giving 5 stars.  I really wonder.

I'd take a discounted Scheps Omni-Channel at a one time fee of $30 over 6 plugins in the $120/year bundle.  Most of thsoe I wouldn't even use for free (and I can say that since I have a One Knob pumper and renessance reverb, super tap in that bundle that never made it on a single project.

I really like Waves stuff. Rent to own maybe an option for some. At one time I might have taken them up on the low FLEX  plan. But not today.

I would definitely use more than six available in that plan. There may be a few less used plugins in the bunch, but very few are duds.

Audio Track, C1 Comp, and Others are great plugins. They do show thier age, but it does not take away what they do.

2 hours ago, Grem said:

I really like Waves stuff. Rent to own maybe an option for some. At one time I might have taken them up on the low FLEX  plan. But not today.

I would definitely use more than six available in that plan. There may be a few less used plugins in the bunch, but very few are duds.

Audio Track, C1 Comp, and Others are great plugins. They do show thier age, but it does not take away what they do.

Yeah, it isn't that they are complete duds but in no way would I consider that a deal on any of them.  

I'd be pretty hard pressed to find a plugin in the $240 bundle I can't find a free (or very cheap) alternative for as a Bandlab user.  

I use a number of Waves plugins, but only one of them is in any of those bundles (including the top tier $720 bundle!)

I mean realistically buying the Omni-Channel on Sale for $30 and then getting some free-bees (and a $5 copy of Computer Music) for the reverb and delay, and limiter type of needs covers basically everything you can get in the lower tier bundle...  

I recall seeing this one posted in some form elsewhere, but seems to get lost.  A magical de-esser for free:  https://www.airwindows.com/deess-vst/

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 1