Back to the real world

bitflipper

On 3/7/2022 at 5:31 PM, bitflipper said:

Kenny, when I first saw that video I thought someone had sent me a pic of my own dog. He looks almost exactly like that, jet black with a white stripe and little white tufts on his toes. Yikes, I guess they're all 3D-printed now from a standard set of plans.

Hi Dave ! You have one good looking dog .  😀

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz

17 hours ago, Bapu said:

Perfect excuse for undelivered tracks I suppose.

Wait until Dave's new puppy starts teething on the furniture  . The global market will have an influx of  highly individually stylized tooth picks made from reclaimed piano woods that will soon need to be delivered .

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz

11 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Wait until Dave's new puppy starts teething on the furniture  . The global market will have an influx of  highly individually stylized tooth picks made from reclaimed piano woods that will soon need to be delivered .

Kenny

My little Yorkies were like buzz saws when they were pups. I have since fixed all the furniture. Fender could have hired them in the distressing department.

• Haha 2

Last night he thought he was being sneaky, chewing on a cardboard box in my  cord bag. Except that's the box my tambourine came in, and I still use it so the jangly things (yes, I know, they're called "zills" but nobody ever uses that word so I don't either) don't get bent in transport. So I'd tell the dog "NO" and then turn back to my computer. After a couple minutes, I'd hear a little "ching" and he was busted.

But the pup can actually be motivationally helpful. I've been procrastinating buying some new shoes, but now I have to.

• Haha 3

On 3/9/2022 at 8:15 AM, Tim Smith said:

Is this Straummy?

Nope ,

Straummy would never blow out his picking hand pleasuring himself right before shooting a video and then try to blame the guitar for messing up his playing.

Or would he ?

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz

On 3/9/2022 at 2:05 PM, bitflipper said:

Last night he thought he was being sneaky, chewing on a cardboard box in my  cord bag. Except that's the box my tambourine came in, and I still use it so the jangly things (yes, I know, they're called "zills" but nobody ever uses that word so I don't either) don't get bent in transport. So I'd tell the dog "NO" and then turn back to my computer. After a couple minutes, I'd hear a little "ching" and he was busted.

But the pup can actually be motivationally helpful. I've been procrastinating buying some new shoes, but now I have to.

Ching Busted 😄..I love that part of your post

Are you sure he wasn't looking to help you out in the studio by searching through all your box's trying to find out where you hid the cowbell .

On 3/9/2022 at 2:05 PM, bitflipper said:

:P What flavors you gonna get him . I heard snake and alligator were pretty good .

Here's a pic I took tonight of me and my guy...We didn't put any effort into dolling our self's up for the camera .... it wouldn't help us and we are in Love

423300289_MiloandKen.thumb.png.ac98ad79786912dbc73290afcc21d8fb.png

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Here's a pic I took tonight of me and my guy...We didn't put any effort into dolling our self's up for the camera .... it wouldn't help us and we are in Love

423300289_MiloandKen.thumb.png.ac98ad79786912dbc73290afcc21d8fb.png

Kenny

Awwww....  Somewhere Duke is smiling too!  🙂

• 2 weeks later...

First thought this morning was I'll roll up all the cables today (gig this weekend) and will be able to get through the week without the puppy destroying any more mic cables. Sweetwater will be disappointed, but that's tough. So this happened while I was rolling up a different cable. At least he severed it near the end, so I'll be able to salvage a 19.8' cable from this 20-footer.

IMG_20220321_092050.jpg

You may have to make time to give your puppy what you want him to chew on .What he chews up on your own terms  can be controlled while he is supervised .

I do this w Milo every day . It helps .

The last time he chewed up something he chewed the bottom half of my bathrooms doors molding /doorway casing . In the pic I removed the wood splinters ...

1079104684_Bathroomdoor1.thumb.jpg.aa73e5fa0604fe2e2d37d6e53843e60a.jpg

340991542_Bathroomdoor2.thumb.jpg.76466e409a3f86c11346008b6524925f.jpg

Now I just give him a chew toy , show him to his crate , throw in a few treats and let him have at it ...

We are both much happier with this arrangement.

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz

This spoiled-rotten pup has a dozen chew toys and various chew snacks. It's not because he's short of things to gnaw on. There's just something about the texture of microphone cables that is irresistible.

Yesterday, I turned around in my chair and thought he was chewing on yet another cable. I jumped out of my chair, grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and shouted "NO!!!. As he turned those cute puppy eyes toward me, I saw that he'd actually been chewing on a stick that happened to be situated in a nest of cables. I felt just awful, and immediately took him to the store for a bag of pig ears.

To let me know we were still pals, he playfully bit my hand. I deserved that, I guess.

Pup.jpg

Teething doggies gonna chew. Once they outgrow it, you shouldn't have as much of a problem. I have found that with my two, if they aren't bored they are not as destructive. If I come home late though, they protest. That's when I'll find a doggie bed in the middle of the floor with the stuffing pulled out of it. They also go in places they know they shouldn't. 

This is all in protest. Their statement to me. They are pee ood.