Back to the real world

bitflipper

All of my kids, grandkids and great-grandkids have been drawn to the piano. Not one of them bothered to learn how to play it, despite my offers to teach them. But as soon as they can climb up on the bench until around age 6 they love to bang on it. Even the cat joins in, to equivalent effect.

My last hope is the youngest of the 19 grandchildren, who's in her third year of guitar at her high school. I bought her a decent guitar with the admonition that I expected a return on my investment.  Not sure if making her watch videos like this provides inspiration or frustration:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That little girl playing the guitar is so cute when she makes her sweet looking facial expressions . They don't look any hing like guitar faces .They look more like "look mommy I baked a cake ", or "what do you think of this picture I drew of you , me and daddy" ...."Can you please hang it up on the refrigerator "....

Aside from that nit .....She can play ...I'll say that .

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz

Hey Joe ! how did I do . Do I look good when I play ?

lisa.jpg.143fd106b8b7b922bcf8a506dbc60f31.jpg

What the heck do you call that ? That's not how to make a guitar face when you play !

1187805695_JoeWalsh.jpg.4ed482efb24697b4e51d0e8db61314e9.jpg

This is how to make a guitar face when you play !

1718129552_JoeWalsh1.jpg.b19c2d03f2502635ecbbd5ef7e992dfd.jpg

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 2

To be fair, Mr. Walsh looks like that all the time. It's not an act.

I've seen photos of myself in the groove that were not particularly flattering.  Head back, eyes closed and a big grin on my face. At least I don't look like someone just shot my dog.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, bitflipper said:

To be fair, Mr. Walsh looks like that all the time. It's not an act.

Very True !

Speaking of Joe's photogenic mug I didn't know he had a daughter name Lucy .....OMG !! Wow!  I would never have guessed Mr Walsh was her father  .

220px-Lucy_Walsh_2020_Promo_Photo.jpg

I've seen photos of myself in the groove that were not particularly flattering.  Head back, eyes closed and a big grin on my face.

I hear you on that one , at least you were having a good run playing out in clubs w a band and doing gigs ....

At least I don't look like someone just shot my dog.

I always got the feeling you liked cats better than dogs ..so if you were on stage grooving hard during a keyboard solo would you look up and say "Oh someone wants to shoot my dog  I'll deal with him on the bands break "....Now if  your a cat  was about to get shot  I bet you would probably  side sucker slap the guy upside the side of his head with an 88 key midi keyboard controller , check to see if he is knocked out cold and then go back to playing your smoking hot keyboard solo with the band  😄

On 3/2/2022 at 11:31 PM, craigb said:

NotAFart.jpg

peter-griffin-stewie.gif peter-griffin-stewie.gif  peter-griffin-stewie.gif              

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

If it was a chef serving me with that face I wouldn't eat the food.

Chef or plain old hamburger grill man  it wouldn't matter too me one bit .

Anyone with that look on their face has probably spend some time doing a deep scratch on their balls and their butt crack looking for relief ....

Even if I saw them wash their hands it wouldn't change my feelings. Those type of individuals with that sort of hygiene don't need a washroom in a restaurant . They need a fully  equipped  Hazardous Materials  Team to perform a decontamination .

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz

TBH If I was hungry enough I might eat food from someone like that.

In reality it probably isn't as important how many bugs are on the food as the temp it was cooked at.  Cook it well enough and it probably isn't going to matter. 

Several times when I made shrimp I noticed it smelled like ammonia coming out of the pressure cooker. I thought maybe it was something I had done.  I did research on it and found out basically if you smell ammonia the shrimp have spoiled, so I bought spoiled shrimp but couldn't tell because the shrimp was frozen. Even then, after eating a few of them I never got sick because the bacteria had been killed. 

Where people get in trouble is when they handle uncooked food and touch something like a fridge handle or they don't wash their hands. Two days later there could be some pretty wicked little critters growing on that handle or on the counter top where the juice spilled. This is why I try to wipe things down with disinfectant towels. If I go into a bathroom I usually pull my sleeve over my hand before opening the door.

Useless factiod-

A study was done in both a mans and a women's bathroom to get bacteria counts. Guess which one had the most bacteria?

The women's room.

6 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

I always got the feeling you liked cats better than dogs

Nah, cats are self-centered jerks.

Well, mine's pretty mellow, but still.

Last night we added a puppy to the household. I got up early this morning to make sure he got outside to pee. My reward: first one to step in a fresh pile of poo. No, it wasn't outside.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

Nah, cats are self-centered jerks.

Well, mine's pretty mellow, but still.

Last night we added a puppy to the household. I got up early this morning to make sure he got outside to pee. My reward: first one to step in a fresh pile of poo. No, it wasn't outside.

Wednesday was a year since my last dog died. She was 16 which is almost unheard of for a lab mix. My wife and I have had dogs, cat's, and horses since we've been together. That will be 25 years this year. They're all gone now except the horse and he's 31.

I sure don't miss the dog mines as I used to call them. I miss the companionship but I like my freedom more now. Maybe when my wife retires, but that's another good 15 ~ 16 years.

Good luck with the new pup.