Can No Longer Load Default Template on Startup

Steve Patrick

I have a default template setup with my usual starting point of instruments and tracks for projects.  Recently Cake has been crashing when trying to load Superior Drummer three during loading the Default template.  If I start up in safe mode and don't load SD3 I can then load any project that does have SD3 and it loads up fine.  But not from the template.  I've recreated the template and saved it as cwp file and can load that so I'm still able to have a workaround but even when I re-save the cwp as a template in the proper folder Cake still crashes on startup when it hits SD3.  

Anyone else seeing this or can offer me a clue??

21 hours ago, Steve Patrick said:

I have a default template setup with my usual starting point of instruments and tracks for projects.  Recently Cake has been crashing when trying to load Superior Drummer three during loading the Default template.  If I start up in safe mode and don't load SD3 I can then load any project that does have SD3 and it loads up fine.  But not from the template.  I've recreated the template and saved it as cwp file and can load that so I'm still able to have a workaround but even when I re-save the cwp as a template in the proper folder Cake still crashes on startup when it hits SD3.  

Anyone else seeing this or can offer me a clue??

If it's crashing, can you please get us a dump file? Try adjusting ExceptionHandlingSeverity in the Initialization File if you're not getting a dump now. It might be a combination of things going on in your template as well. I can't reproduce your problem with Superior Drummer 3 alone. 

Now...even though I've built a new "Default" template and loaded it in the proper folder and applied all changes, and checked on startup load the Default template...several times...Cake loads a "blank project" on startup instead of my template.

When it does crash on opening...always when loading "synth data for Superior Drummer 3"  the screen strobes many times between Cake's track view and the desktop before finally just hanging with the spinning blue circle until I have to shut it down.

Guess I'll just get used to loading up my "Default" cwp everytime.