Overture No.1 In Search of The Lost Plot

dr.hash

Here is Overture no.1, which is a visual musical experience and a parody of Star Trek :). As the title suggests...this is an Overture, which means there is at least 4 more movements to come...the music for movement one is in fact done, and I have started the animation process. 

Musically, the piece could be thought of as a meta Pink Floyd joke...can I have some apple pie with NOOOO CRUST! lol, I've taken Pink Floyd's sonic troupe of a pulsating synth and Musique concrète to create the story of a probe heading towards earth - the probe is transmitting 20th century culture and Pink Floyd. The crew of The Enterprise decide to go back in time to get Pink Floyd to save the earth. It's a piss-take on Star Trek 4 lol.

I assure you that this is music, but better because it is visual music. The music was conceived in concert with the vision...this is why I've completed movement one too, I needed to set all the story elements up. The visuals have been processed at the highest standard...this is 32-bit floating point 10-bit HDR...although just like audio, I've dithered the final master down to 8 bit :). I know!  Oh and even 50 fps for most of the dialogue sequences. 

I should mention, that I mixed the piece in Sonar Platinum, with all the midi apart from the synth written in Notion 6. There is also passive 360`-degree sound for propper over the ear headphones...that Syd Barrett type slide just whizzes around your head!! 

Enjoy!  

Edited by dr.hash