My Cover of Kashmir - Led Zeppelin

PavlovsCat

The first rock record album I ever purchased was at 5 years old. It was Led Zeppelin III. Granted, Kashmir isn't on that album, but Kashmir is one of my all-time favorite rock songs and the one Zeppelin song that my wife and kids love, so I wanted to do a cover of it.  There's no way I could ever come close to the greatness of the original and I didn't feel like imitating John Bonham -- because, hey, no one could ever equal or do better than what he or any other member of Zeppelin did with this song, certainly not me -- so I really had fun with doing some very different things with it. I lost track of the click during the piano part, but hopefully you can look beyond that. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Larry T. said:

hi Peter....very respectable cover of a piece of music that really has no equal 🎶🎵🎹🎸

Thanks. Yesterday I did another mix that brought up some different parts and I added a new drum part I thought was superior-- and I put the vocal through Melodyne,  but something really strange happened with Melodyne. Anyhow, so I'm going to redo some of the vocals,  but the other version I have is far better than this one. Hopefully. I can finish it up by the weekend. As usual, the most challenging part of doing these recordings are the vocals.