Dim Pro and Rapture Pro

Pathfinder

So I have Dim Pro working fine and sounding very good.

Rapture Pro, not so much. So can I make Dim Pro ACCESS the expansion packs like DSF Guitars and Bass and Craig Andertons electric guitars etc, etc?

Also, with rapture Pro, when I add it and select an instrument, I do get SOUND (correct) if I play the rapture keys with the mouse. But it just will not play back in a midi track. The volume level meter does move so it is getting the midi info.

Anyway, If I can get Dim Pro to access the the other stuff I will just uninstall Rap Pro. EDIT: On second thoughtforget Rapture Pro, just crashes and freezes. Dim Pro is fine.

Thanks

Edited by Pathfinder

Any expansion packs made for Dimension Pro should work in Dimension Pro (duh) but newer installers look for Rapture Pro first and install everything in the Rapture Pro folders and not the Dimension Pro folders.

If you want to abandon Rapture Pro, I believe the fastest way to get everything setup for Dimension Pro is 

• Uninstall Rapture Pro
  • Remove registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro
  • Delete any leftover bits of 
    • C:\Cakewalk Content\Rapture Pro
    • C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data
  • Reinstall any 3rd party Dimension Pro packs. With Rapture Pro is gone, the installers should use legacy folders.

Disclaimer, I have never attempted to revert to the legacy synths, and everything above is my best guess of what it will take to get the new installers to work with the legacy synths. I have a very good understanding of how all the Cakewalk synths install but there are certain combinations that I have never tested.

Worst case, if it all goes south, might have to reinstall of the synths. This is pretty easy albeit time consuming.

• Thanks 1

So I reinstalled everything Dim Pro. Also the DSF Guitars and basses and the Craig Anderton stuff. All the samples are NOW in the Multisample folder that Dim Pro pulls from. But it does NOT see the DSF or Anderton stuff.

No biggie I guess. Just thought that would do it.
But, I seem to remember, maybe not related . But there was something we had to do to , I'll say, refresh, the preset browser in dim Pro? This was long ago, Plat days or maybe even Sonar X' days.

Cannot remember what it was or if it even would apply here.

BTW, I am a guitar player, playing for about 45 years or so. So the missing stuff is not the end of the world, just thought it would be cool to have access.

Anyway thanks

Edited by Pathfinder

If the multisamples folder was populated correctly; chances are the programs folder "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs" was populated too.

To force a program rescan, open the DP program browser and hit the F5 key.

The other way is delete "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs\programs.lst". The next time DP runs it will rebuild the file. This is what the good installers do so the user does not have to manually rescan with F5. Some installers skip this step.

One refresh would be enough if the programs were in the program folder.

If your old machine had DP setup the way you want, replacing the multisamples folder and "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro" on the new machine with the folders from the old machine will replicate that setup.

This is what I do when building a new machine. I only rely on the installers to the plug-ins installed correctly. The data always comes over from the old machine.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scook said:

One refresh would be enough if the programs were in the program folder.

If your old machine had DP setup the way you want, replacing the multisamples folder and "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro" on the new machine with the folders from the old machine will replicate that setup.

This is what I do when building a new machine. I only rely on the installers to the plug-ins installed correctly. The data always comes over from the old machine.

The Programs folder mentioned contains folders of all the folders in the MS folder except the 2 in question. They all are *.prog files. No such files exist for the DSF stuff or Craigs stuff. I imagine the APP. in this case, DP, builds that list from the multisample folder. But for whatever reason it ignores the dsf and craigs folders even though they are in the MS folder right along with the others.

ALL DP programs start with a prog file in "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs". DP is hard coded to look there for its programs.

Those prog files refer to data in the mutlisamples folder.

Is it possible the prog files made their way to "C:\Cakewalk Content\Rapture Pro\Programs"?

• Thanks 1

There they were. I moved them to the program folder in DP directory in Program Data. Also deleted the prog list file. It was recreated. They are in the preset browser now but, DSF stuff says MS not found. The Craig Ele gtr stuff says could not de compress. The samples ARE THERE.

For now I'll just leave it. I keep finding bits and pieces of Rapture pro  although I thought I got rid of it all.

No worries. I'll try from scratch tomorrow and make sure first ALL RP is gone.

Thanks as always

Edited by Pathfinder

14 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

The Craig Ele gtr stuff says could not de compress

This usually means the program is for another synth. Rapture pro reads Rapture Pro, Cakewalk Sound Center, Dimension Pro and Rapture programs. Cakewalk Sound Center, Dimension Pro and Rapture can only read their own format. 

14 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

No worries. I'll try from scratch tomorrow and make sure first ALL RP is gone.

That is an important first step. If relying in installers, the older synths must be installed before Rapture Pro.

Alternately, replacing the DP mutlisamples and "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro" folders from the old machine works too.

I have used the replace folder technique for years.

• Like 1

So I started from scratch. I mean with Dim Pro and rapture. Made sure all rapture stuff was uninstalled and also deleted everything rapture from registry.

🙂 The DSF Guitars & Basses now work fine. Hurray.  

Big shout out to Scook for his help.

Thanks..................................

• Like 1