Jump to content
4th Eden

Waves CR8 Sampler

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, dolphinal said:

Had the same initial problem with CR8 not showing up, copied the whole WaveShellsV13 folder to my usual vst folder, then CR8 re-appeared.  Unfortunately, after restarting Cakewalk I get the the "A plugin was requested that appears to be unavailable..." etc. error -see the attached image.  :-( The same thing happens with Presonus' Fat Channel XT, this seems to be an issue with Cakewalk.... 

image.png

yes had that error before when i tried loading CR8...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

update from Waves:

I suggest rescanning in Cakewalk, as per this article.

https://www.waves.com/support/how-to-find-your-plugins-in-sonar 
(useful; not)

Make sure that the following paths are listed for VST3, making sure to remove any Waves-specific folders -

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3

Note that VST3 is the only format tested and qualified with our software in Cakewalk.
Waves software is 64-bit only, as 32-bit support was dropped a few versions back.

So how come all i can get is the VST2 CR8...this plugin is screwed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dolphinal said:

 this seems to be an issue with Cakewalk.... 

 

i like a good mystery! Who's problem is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 4th Eden said:

update from Waves:

I suggest rescanning in Cakewalk, as per this article.

https://www.waves.com/support/how-to-find-your-plugins-in-sonar 
(useful; not)

Make sure that the following paths are listed for VST3, making sure to remove any Waves-specific folders -

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3

Note that VST3 is the only format tested and qualified with our software in Cakewalk.
Waves software is 64-bit only, as 32-bit support was dropped a few versions back.

So how come all i can get is the VST2 CR8...this plugin is screwed!

Well, my VST paths are fine ;) ... and just like in your case - all the above issues are connected to the VST3 version of CR8. The VST2 version works fine. The reason why I think this is an issue with Cakewalk (and not Waves) is the exact same experience I had in the past while trying to install the VST3 version of Presonus FatChannel XT plugin, as discussed here: 

  Anyway, at least that CR8 VST2 is functional in this case... I guess we should be grateful for that in this misery 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On top of everything, the VST3 version of Sonnox Claro EQ doesn't show up in Cakewalk, either. Something is seriously broken here, this really looks like a pattern now 😞I hope I'm mistaken...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Peter Hintze said:

ah sorry, i did not see this thread until now:

Here is my post describing the steps i took:

 

 

Yep... that's exactly what happens to me with the VST3 version of Waves CR 8, but also with the VST3 Presonus Fat Channel XT plugin and the VST3 demo version of Sonnox Claro EQ... :( 

Edited by dolphinal
grammar corr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just tried it here, and it's working fine for me.

  • Uninstalled V12 Plugins
  • Installed V13 Plugins
  • VST Scan from CbB Preferences
  • Added CR8 as an Simple Instrument Track, and dragged a wav file into it
  • Saved the project
  • Closed & Re-opened CbB
  • Re-opened the project - everything is as expected
  • Closed & Restarted CbB - new project
  • Searched for CR8 in the browser, and found it
  • No problem adding a new instance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Just tried it here, and it's working fine for me.

  • Uninstalled V12 Plugins
  • Installed V13 Plugins
  • VST Scan from CbB Preferences
  • Added CR8 as an Simple Instrument Track, and dragged a wav file into it
  • Saved the project
  • Closed & Re-opened CbB
  • Re-opened the project - everything is as expected
  • Closed & Restarted CbB - new project
  • Searched for CR8 in the browser, and found it
  • No problem adding a new instance

Hello, thank you for checking, just confirming - you tested the VST3 version, yes? VST2 works without any problems...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, dolphinal said:

Hello, thank you for checking, just confirming - you tested the VST3 version, yes? VST2 works without any problems...

Yes, it was the VST3 version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Yes, it was the VST3 version.

👍Thank you, I will try to re-check over the weekend and report back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/2/2022 at 1:20 PM, msmcleod said:

Yes, it was the VST3 version.

Hello, thank you again for checking things on your side. I have reinstalled my Waves products, etc., unfortunately the VST3 'non-showing' issue still persists. What does help though is a complete reset of all plugins in Cakewalk - if I reset them and scan all my plugins from scratch, CR8 will appear among VST3 instruments (and so will my similarly missing Presonus' FatChannel XT among VST3 effects).  After that all is fine and works, I can restart Cakewalk if I want and everything is fine - until I either scan for new plugins manually or automatically. During such new scan I can see the Cakewalk plugin scanner actually pausing for a few seconds while processing CR8/FatChannel and once the new scan is finished (and after I exit and restart Cakewalk) these plugins are completely removed from the VST3 plugin list and/or from a potential music project (they are greyed out). So the 'solution' for me to do is a complete plugin reset, perform a plugin scan and then never scan for new plugins again (which is not very convenient, as I do install new plugins here and there and the system needs to scan and discover them somehow, of course...). Anyway - it looks like something wrong probably happens when the Cakewalk scanner scans these plugins the second time around, I guess? :( That's when they disappear...    

Edited by dolphinal
grammar corr.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2022 at 8:41 PM, Peter Hintze said:

how can I select the vst2 version in either application (waves client or cakewalk) 

In Cakewalk under: Utilities / Cakewalk plugin manager/ VST instruments (you won't find it among 'VST3 instruments' if your issue is the same as mine).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dolphinal said:

Hello, thank you again for checking things on your side. I have reinstalled my Waves products, etc., unfortunately the VST3 'non-showing' issue still persists. What does help though is a complete reset of all plugins in Cakewalk - if I reset them and scan all my plugins from scratch, CR8 will appear among VST3 instruments (and so will my similarly missing Presonus' FatChannel XT among VST3 effects).  After that all is fine and works, I can restart Cakewalk if I want and everything is fine - until I either scan for new plugins manually or automatically. During such new scan I can see the Cakewalk plugin scanner actually pausing for a few seconds while processing CR8/FatChannel and once the new scan is finished (and after I exit and restart Cakewalk) these plugins are completely removed from the VST3 plugin list and/or from a potential music project (they are greyed out). So the 'solution' for me to do is a complete plugin reset, perform a plugin scan and then never scan for new plugins again (which is not very convenient, as I do install new plugins here and there and the system needs to scan and discover them somehow, of course...). Anyway - it looks like something wrong probably happens when the Cakewalk scanner scans these plugins the second time around, I guess? :( That's when they disappear...    

Interesting... I have seen this with Presonus FatChannel, so I always make sure Presonus Hub is running when I do a scan, so CbB sees it as fully authorised.

Given that the auth for Waves works completely differently,  I can't see this being the issue with CR8 tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because I was only seeing the VST2 version I moved the VST2 Waveshell file out of the scan path. This made the VST3 version show up in CbB. After I moved the VST2 Waveshell file back nothing has changed and the VST3 version remains available. Problem solved even though I don't know exactly why.

I have the following settings in VST preferences. see pic. 1074784759_2022-03-09(1).thumb.png.1c55ccbdf5aa953328e63fa2b93bcca7.png 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi folks, I've had Cr8 perfectly working before and now it didn't work, as for many of you. There's been a Cakewalk update since I had last used it, but of course I cannot know if that's something to do with it.

After reading the previous posts I resorted to reinstalling the product again, using Waves Central and now it works.

To be sure, I removed previously removed all WaveShell1-VST3 13.?_x64.vst3 files from the VST3 folder and, sure enough, the installation procedure recreated these files anew, one for each WAVES product I have on my system (I reinstalled them all).

The file for CR8 is called "WaveShell1-VST3 13.4_x64.vst3" in my system (not sure if it's always the same, as the other products have seemingly random id numbers).

regards and good luck to all

josé

EDIT:
ups, not quite as described above. In fact, CR8 started to work, not because of the reinstallation, but because Cakewalk rescanned the old versions of the WaveShell1-VST3 13.?_x64.vst3 file. I had it renamed to  ".vst3XXXX", apparently the scanner ignores the characters beyond the 3rd in the file extension and treated these files as valid VST3 dll's.
I've then removed the old file from the folder altogether, and CR8 was no longer available inside  Cakewalk. 
I've reinserted the old VST3 file and it's working again (I've deleted the VST3 file created today by the reinstallation and it's still working).

It seems is that the renaming made Cakewalk see it as a new VST3 and scanned it. Strangely enough, I had done a full rescan with "rescan failed plugins" and that didn't work. 
No idea why the new .VST3 created by the new installation doesn't work and why the old one stopped working and now works again.

But if you have the WaveShell1-VST3 13.?_x64.vst3 file in the VST3 folder and Cakewalk is not scanning it, try to rename it (I don't believe in magic, but I'm sure it exists 🙂

 

 

Edited by José David
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...