Waves CR8 Sampler

4th Eden

I've experienced the same issue with CR8.  I have an open support ticket with Waves and have communicated it appears to be a VST3 issue where they are aware of.  Waves Support has been very responsive to the issue and once I get resolution I will let you and the forum know.   There also appears to be an issue with Output Arcade as well.  Identical to the CR8 issue.  Output sent me a fix, but it did not correct the issue.  Waiting on the next line of instructions from the Output Team and will keep the forum informed as well. 

• Like 2

I used only up to V12 of Waves, but when I changed it to V13 with CR8 this time, I got an error when scanning.
I ignored the warning and chose to use it, but it worked without error ...
With other software, there is no error in V13.

11 hours ago, Marty Marvels said:

I've experienced the same issue with CR8.  I have an open support ticket with Waves and have communicated it appears to be a VST3 issue where they are aware of.  Waves Support has been very responsive to the issue and once I get resolution I will let you and the forum know.   There also appears to be an issue with Output Arcade as well.  Identical to the CR8 issue.  Output sent me a fix, but it did not correct the issue.  Waiting on the next line of instructions from the Output Team and will keep the forum informed as well. 

in some respect; im glad im not the only one. Ive re-installed it; cannot find it at all, even though when i reinstall cakewalk detects the vst2 & 3 plugins. Ive sent a support email to Cakewalk as well. I think this is just a plugin not standalone unlike Cosmos that goes with CR8 which is just standalone.

4 minutes ago, Toy said:

I used only up to V12 of Waves, but when I changed it to V13 with CR8 this time, I got an error when scanning.
I ignored the warning and chose to use it, but it worked without error ...
With other software, there is no error in V13.

i thought it was just a V13 plugin?

Forum Member...............

I was able to get CR8 to work and seen by Cakewalk.  I updated to build 29 and ran a Manual Scan, deselected the other scan options and ran the vst scan and CR8 appeared.  Still have not been able to correct Arcade for those that use it but will update the forum once resolved.

• Like 1

Same here. After first install of CR8 it did appear in the VST3 list but when I tried to load it I got a message that it could not be found. I then ran an installation repair from Waves central and now it does not appear at all. Works fine in Ableton.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 4th Eden said:

an incompatibility with Cakewalk then... and according to Waves (via Cakewalk support) "Checking on the Waves website does show that Cakewalk by BandLab is supported."

I think they should try and get it installed...

I managed to find the VST2 Waveshell .dll in a newly created directory. Waves central does not ask for an VST2 installation path, so it seems that it  just dropped it wherever it decided. I copied it to my usual directory and Cakewalk found it and it works now, but the VST3 version Waveshell does not, even though it is in the right directory. 

well, I copied the waveshell v13 folder into my default vstplugin folder and it now includes CR8 ; i did uninstall V13 plugins first then re-install; i might remove that folder just to see if it still recognizes it; but at least it is now working!

• Like 1

weird; reloaded cakewalk and now the VST3 version of CR8 has gone; interestingly, when you click to bring up Cosmos, it loads another instance of it; mine in standalones is running as its tagging samples ; as though this version is now a plugin thats linked to CR8...and it might be 32 bit...

Had the same initial problem with CR8 not showing up, copied the whole WaveShellsV13 folder to my usual vst folder, then CR8 re-appeared.  Unfortunately, after restarting Cakewalk I get the the "A plugin was requested that appears to be unavailable..." etc. error -see the attached image.  :-( The same thing happens with Presonus' Fat Channel XT, this seems to be an issue with Cakewalk.... 

image.png