Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Your dad must be a hip dude, nothing like what I heard in the car LOL. Man who remembers Monkey Wards, love it. Very cool tune, I have always liked the sound of a sax and guitar together. I just ordered me a cheap sax to try and get back into it (we'll see) I played some back in the 90's.

Edited by KurtS
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Killer. Another great track, but to be very candid, based on everything else I heard from you, I knew it was going to be excellent when I saw your username. Kudos. Beautiful playing and another very well written song. Top notch. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Killer track and groove - brilliantly executed as always. Would have loved one of those fast licks followed by a hard stop at the end but that's just a fave trick of mine (like Anita Baker's Fairy Tales where the jam session at the end is the stand out part of the track). 

Loved it

Andy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great tune. Perfectly balanced mix. Congrats, sounds very pro and people can play their instruments too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a great track, really enjoyed it.    The harmony and rhythmic changes, instrument focus, etc..,  are so very well executed, definitely not your cookie cutter smooth jazz tune.   Huge thumbs up.

 

Regards

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes, this genre of music (smooth jazz) is what an FM station here in Los Angeles called The Wave 94.7 would play from 1987 to 2010....you guys do your collaborations extremely well....and while this isn't the best material you guys have created it's very chill sounding and works as that type of music....cheers!!!! 🎼🎵🎹🔊

Edited by Larry T.
clarity
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...as always.. impeccable arrangenment and performance!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2022 at 5:03 PM, KurtS said:

Your dad must be a hip dude, nothing like what I heard in the car LOL. Man who remembers Monkey Wards, love it. Very cool tune, I have always liked the sound of a sax and guitar together. I just ordered me a cheap sax to try and get back into it (we'll see) I played some back in the 90's.

Thanks Kurt,  I didn't know you played sax.  Good luck with it & hope it inspires you to create some new music.

 

On 2/21/2022 at 1:22 AM, PavlovsCat said:

Killer. Another great track, but to be very candid, based on everything else I heard from you, I knew it was going to be excellent when I saw your username. Kudos. Beautiful playing and another very well written song. Top notch. 

This type of music isn't everyone's cup of tea so thanks very much for the positive comments.

On 2/21/2022 at 4:18 AM, Wookiee said:

Nice start to the day thank you.

Thanks Wookiee, always appreciate the listen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2022 at 6:44 AM, AndyB01 said:

Killer track and groove - brilliantly executed as always. Would have loved one of those fast licks followed by a hard stop at the end but that's just a fave trick of mine (like Anita Baker's Fairy Tales where the jam session at the end is the stand out part of the track). 

Loved it

Andy

Thanks Andy,  there's always something  that I hear that I'd like to change later on. I prefer to work with the first tracks given to me so I rarely ask for a revision. Part of the fun is making it work, I sometimes have to do a bit of creative editing though.

On 2/21/2022 at 7:02 AM, Afrodrum said:

Great tune. Perfectly balanced mix. Congrats, sounds very pro and people can play their instruments too.

Hi Afrodrum, thanks for listening.

On 2/21/2022 at 10:08 AM, Douglas Kirby said:

Another good one from you - nicely done. Mix sounded great through my headphones.

Thanks Douglas & glad to know the mix is working for you.

On 2/21/2022 at 1:48 PM, jack c. said:

right on title and song.jack c.

thanks jack!....

On 2/21/2022 at 2:32 PM, markno999 said:

That is a great track, really enjoyed it.    The harmony and rhythmic changes, instrument focus, etc..,  are so very well executed, definitely not your cookie cutter smooth jazz tune.   Huge thumbs up.

 

Regards

Thank you very much!

On 2/21/2022 at 4:04 PM, Larry T. said:

yes, this genre of music (smooth jazz) is what an FM station here in Los Angeles called The Wave 94.7 would play from 1987 to 2010....you guys do your collaborations extremely well....and while this isn't the best material you guys have created it's very chill sounding and works as that type of music....cheers!!!! 🎼🎵🎹🔊

Thanks Larry, thanks for listening & your comments.

On 2/21/2022 at 4:09 PM, mcmd said:

...as always.. impeccable arrangenment and performance!

Thanks mcmd , I appreciate the kind words.

 

11 hours ago, Old Joad said:

You've nailed this sound, always cool🎧

Thanks for listening Old Joad, glad you enjoyed it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A most cool funky jazz sound.  You captured a laid back feel traveling from Sears to Montgomery Wards for sure!  Very nice indeed!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2022 at 3:51 PM, freddy j said:

A most cool funky jazz sound.  You captured a laid back feel traveling from Sears to Montgomery Wards for sure!  Very nice indeed!

Thanks freddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow, nearly missed this!!

As always great playing

Just love listening to your stuff

Cool

Nigel

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey so this is a great track!  I'm interested in how you recorded the drums...did you collab on that?  I really like the live sound of the drums. (everything else is pretty dang good also.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2022 at 11:34 AM, Bajan Blue said:

wow, nearly missed this!!

As always great playing

Just love listening to your stuff

Cool

Nigel

 

Thanks again for listening Nigel.

 

On 3/2/2022 at 11:45 AM, Jimbo 88 said:

Hey so this is a great track!  I'm interested in how you recorded the drums...did you collab on that?  I really like the live sound of the drums. (everything else is pretty dang good also.)

Hi Jimbo88 & thanks. Bass, drums, piano & sax are the collabs on this track. The drummer sent me a 2 mix & I used a light amount of eq, limiting & it's own ER to the verb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...